Pole dancing classes?

oitnb

I used to be in competitive gymnastics, and I was very good. Won second place in my state.

I haven't done it in like 5 years because I broke my arm and got scared/lazy so I quit, but out of the blue today I decided to do some of my warm up stretches and moves from it.

And I still got it! lol, I was a little rusty, but after a few minutes I was pretty dang close to getting most of the warm ups down.

I wanna lose my belly, I'd say at the very most I probably need to drop 15-20 lbs, and I think pole dancing classes would be perfect! It'd be fun, exciting, and it's similar to gymnastics (kinda) so I think I'd catch the hang of it.

Any women taken the classes to lose weight and have fun?

I used to be in competitive gymnastics, and I was very good. Won second place in my state.

I haven't done it in like 5 years because I broke my arm and got scared/lazy so I quit, but out of the blue today I decided to do some of my warm up stretches and moves from it.

And I still got it! lol, I was a little rusty, but after a few minutes I was pretty dang close to getting most of the warm ups down.

I wanna lose my belly, I'd say at the very most I probably need to drop 15-20 lbs, and I think pole dancing classes would be perfect! It'd be fun, exciting, and it's similar to gymnastics (kinda) so I think I'd catch the hang of it.

Any women taken the classes to lose weight and have fun?

It's very fun! Be sure to get an instructor who knows what they are doing. I took a one hour class with some friends that kicked our buts (I cannot even say how soar I was the next morning) but, then several months ago I took a four week class. I hardly felt anything from it. Though, I should have known something was off when that class was 1) Held in a modified apartment not an actually studio 2) There where many alcohol bottles sitting out 3) The instructor look like she had not worked out in a looooooong time.

3) The instructor look like she had not worked out in a looooooong time.

That made me laugh for some reason. A lazy pole dance instructor = not good. And yes, I can vouch for the fact that if you take the classes and do it right it will kick your butt. In a good way. Not to mention driving your SO wild. Happy dancing.

It's very fun! Be sure to get an instructor who knows what they are doing. I took a one hour class with some friends that kicked our buts (I cannot even say how soar I was the next morning) but, then several months ago I took a four week class. I hardly felt anything from it. Though, I should have known something was off when that class was 1) Held in a modified apartment not an actually studio 2) There where many alcohol bottles sitting out 3) The instructor look like she had not worked out in a looooooong time.

Yay! I was hoping some of you guys had some stories to go along with it.

I'm looking to get my butt kicked, lol I am making a lot of changes in my life (quitting smoking, better eating ect) and really wanna get in shape!

It seems so fun and freeing.

That made me laugh for some reason. A lazy pole dance instructor = not good. And yes, I can vouch for the fact that if you take the classes and do it right it will kick your butt. In a good way. Not to mention driving your SO wild. Happy dancing.

Haha! Yeah I found a good place in my town, it's a studio and only 70 bucks for a month worth of classes! And it's gotten awesome reviews! I'm looking forward to learning some moves.

Haha! Yeah I found a good place in my town, it's a studio and only 70 bucks for a month worth of classes!

That is a good deal. Have fun with it and enjoy it. I took classes a few years back, and enjoyed it although I never perfected the head toss as one spins. I ended up smacking my head against the pole several times--so not sexy. LOL

Archived