another question about body hair

well i am a hairy person. hair everyone, especially on my buttocks. where you can cleary see it. and i always thought it was abnormal but then i realized most guys have it.

i told my girlfriend about it and we both find it quite funny. i also know she doesn't like curly chest hair. and then i immediately wanted to ask her opinion about my hair on my buttocks. but she didnt give me an answer cause she hasnt seen it. i kept asking her whether she liked that or no, and she wouldnt answer. i asked her if she would like it or not and she wouldn't answer. then i feared that once she sees it, she'd be disgusted and make me feel like crap about it. i dont want that to happen so i figured i'd ask her about it now but she says she can't answer.

but that frightens me cause she's basically saying there's a chance she might not like it. then i told her i'd feel comfortable if she didn't care and she said she doesn't. which completely confuses me. then she says she doesnt like the way i feel about my body. how im not confident. and how if i feel confident about my hair, then she will too. but i dont understand that!!

cause if i act confident now and wait until she sees it, she STILL might make me feel like crap about it.

it completely angers and confuses me how what she said made no sense.

or am i not getting it?

can anyone help?

she probably doesnt mind it at all but realizes that you need to be happy with yourself FIRST and FOREMOST. most girls seem to like it , i woudlnt worry about it a bit.

Can i ask you something? how old are you and how do you act in front of friends or at the pool or anything? does it bother you at all? cause im like this too sorta....

well if it really bothers you maybe you might consider waxing it or something? lots of people do that and its not that expensive if you do it yourself... and i think you could, or maybe even electrolysis , it woudnt be a very high cost for just that area, even if you dont want it ALL gone , you could get rid of some or however much. but yeah every guy i know has it and it seems to be a surprise to a lot of girls. but... hey its just the facts.

IM SORRY TO BREAK THE BAD NEWS TO YOU, BUT IM A FEMALE AND I THINK THE ADVICE FROM AN HONEST FEMALE ON THIS IS NEEDED FOR YOU..... SO, HERE GOES, BODY HAIR IS NOT A SEXY THING TO MOST WOMEN.THATS JUST THE COLD HARD TRUTH.ESPECIALLY A YOUNGER GIRL.ACTUALLY I BELIEVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND LOVES YOU AND DOESNT WANT TO HURT YOU ON HER OPINION ON THIS SUBJECT.BUT , ON THE OTHER HAND , IF SHE LOVES YOU ENOUGH MAYBE ALL THAT HAI CAN BE OVERLOOKED... ME MYSELF , I WOULD HAVE HIM WAX IT OFF, BUT ITS HARD TO TELL SOMEONE THAT WHEN YOU LOVE THEM. I BELIEVE IF YOU WAX IT OFF YOU WILL FEEL BETTER ABOUT YOURSELF AND THAT WILL MAKE YOUR RELATIOSHIP SO MUCH BETTER SWEETIE....IM SORRY I HAD TO BE SO BLUNT, BUT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW THE GIRLS SIDE OF THE HAIRY MEN SITUATION.GOOD LUCK.

Chavagirl, no matter how loud you try to shout (by using all caps), you are just one woman. You do not speak for every woman on the planet -- not even "most" of the women on the planet. I know LOTS of women who find body hair sexy.

Radiotone, any woman who truly loves you is going to love you whether you have body hair or not. If you are so concerned that your girlfriend's feelings will change when she sees your body, then you must think both she and her feelings for you are quite shallow.

As far as the confidence thing goes, it's like one of the other posters said. You need to be comfortable with your own body before you can expect anyone else to be. The only reason your body hair is such an issue is because you are making it one. Chances are, your gf wouldn't have noticed the hair if you hadn't said anything.

ok i'll write little for you since at some point you assumed i was shouting... lol.i believe i told the truth about body hair on MEN.I never mentioned body hair on WOMEN.That wasnt the topic! There that was a shout.You can ramble on all you want about how women dont mind body hair but the fact of the matter is that MOST, NOT ALL, dont find body hair on men attractive.Sure if they have it on the normal areas, like armpits,leggs,chest,and their private area, thats fine,.......but...... come on girl wake up.... not on their rear end and back.... most girls dont want to sleep with an ape.And you see i did say" most", so wherever you get that i'm speaking for everyone is beyond me.I'm not trying to be mean to the guy i'm just wanting him to know what a young girl and her friends may think.This is my last message on this topic so find someone else to cast your anger out on.

My boyfriend has a bit of a hairy butt, and he hates it, but I think it's kind of cute(-: I'm not in love with it, but hey, nobody's perfect. I'm sure there's something he's not crazy about on me either (although he says he loves every part of me but we put up each others' little quirks because we really do care for each other and stupid little things like that don't matter. Chances are, it'll just end up being a little inside joke. Funny, when we aren't with someone anymore, it's those little quirks that we miss and remember, like a joke about a hairy bottom(-:

Chava, this isn't the place to argue, so this will be my last response to you, as well.

I wasn't angry -- far from it. I just didn't like the way you seemed to believe you could speak for "most females"; because, in truth, many females feel opposite to the way you described.

I never mentioned body hair on women, either. What I said, and I quote, was that "I know LOTS of women who find body hair sexy". Yes, just as sweetpea stated, many women love it when a man has body hair. You may not like it, chava, but don't try speaking for the rest of us.

(And, by the way, typing in all caps denotes shouting -- that's just nettiquette.)

Edit: One more thing -- you said you weren't talking about "natural areas"? I've got news for you, girl. Almost every human being on the planet has hair on their buttocks. In fact, I'd bet if you checked, you'd find you do, as well. It's *quite* natural.

I'm quite a hairy guy myself. What I do is once every two weeks I shave my body with electric grooming clippers. I don't shave everything and I don't shave right down to the skin. I just sort of clean it up a bit like having a haircut.

There are a few areas I shave to the skin, such as the shoulders. But the legs, arms and chest I just keep the hair from getting too curly and sticking out. When short, the individual hairs grow flat against the skin and so it doesn't feel stubbly unless you brush directly against the grain.

In modern society feelings about hair have changed but I believe there are still a lot of women who think it looks masculine to have body hair.

(At least I hope so )