For most of my teens, up until now, I have always been more aware of my emotional problems and have had small periods of depression. I wouldn't say I have a clinical problem, but I am more likely to get depressed than the average person.

I think what causes this is my lack of self esteem. I don't really have much at all. I'm OK with my achievement side of things, but when it comes to appearance, and how people are percieving me... I don't do too well.

This brings me to now. Everything in my life is going pretty well. I have been with my boyfriend for six months now, and things are going extremely well. I just find that being with my boyfriend has made me even more sensitive. My mother always said she knew when I was REALLY upset/something serious when I cried, because I wasn't one to cry for petty things. Now I find myself crying easily, over things that are not that important.

Being in this relationship is making me so emotional. I love this guy, and want to be with him........ I just need some advice. Does this sound familiar? Do you also think it is because of my lack of self confidence?

Also, he is a very confident guy, and sometimes I think that I have to be stronger in myself also, because if it gets too bad..... it might interfere with our relationship... as I think he really would like a girlfriend with more confidence.

Depression can be a very hard thing to deal with as well as being insecure can definitely make it worse. If the relationship is making you happy but depressed then it's time to think of what can you do to have that happy medium! I myself suffer from depression am now doing most of the time! I finally went to my doctor and was put on celexa, which is a depression medication with low side affects; it works well for me. Along with that I started going to see a counselor just someone to talk t about how I feel and my self-esteem issues. Someone with an unbiased point of view of me and what goes on in my life not someone who knows me and says you look fine, your beautiful, you don't need to loose 10 lbs. like your friends and family do. I can not stress enough how much better it has made me feel and how more positive I am about my self and what goes on around me. I suffered the same way through my teens and on.

Just an idea and what has helped me my insurance pays for most of everything but it something you can keep in mind. If your afraid of what other might think if they know your on medicine or that you see a shrink they will never know if you don't tell them, they will look at you and hopefully see a happier positive confident you!

Good luck!