I was wondering what girls think about...

Tomz

You asked for opinions, so I'll give mine.

A simple thing like a guy being on the highschool football team doesn't 'turn my head.' But the guy's here get on the football team, get a big head and think their poo doesn't stink.

Just be yourself, don't try to impress the ladies with football.

But, I'm not like the rest of the ladies so maybe you'll have different opinions. But to conclude my 2 cents; a guy getting on the football team doesn't make his chances with me any easier.

He still has to have all the qualities everyone else has to have.

Good Luck. Hope this helped.

under*

I agree with Under*. Join a football team, only if you feel as though you like it. Do not join it to pick up ladies. In my own personal opinion, back in high school, I used to dig guys who were preppy, not the jocks. Often times, I found that the guys who were the 'nice' guys, who joined the football team, didn't feel comfortable, because they couldn't relate to the other guys.

Like attracts like, so if you're looking for a nice, down to earth girl, who she will like you for you, not the sport (or any kind of material possessions) in general, then don't worry about joining the football team. I noticed that girls who wanted to wanted to get popular, often dated the jocks for that reason. They would go as far as sleeping with them, and engaging in orgies. To me, that is very degrading. Also, I'd be very careful about contracting STDs from promiscuous girls. They're a disease reservoir waiting to happen. If you want to find a nice girl, then find her in other places. But, if you want to find girls on a superficial level, then that route is probably the way to go.

In the end, it's better that you be you. I'll share a secret with you, I used to like this guy who went to band camp. I thought he was cuter than the guys who got wasted at parties. One more tip, if you're shy, and want to win your luck with a girl, then strike up a conversation with the girl that you like. If you want to take her out for lunch, then take initiative. Say something cute/corny like: "Cafeteria food is naasty!! You wanna go off campus & grab a bite somewhere else?" If you approach a girl in that way, she will read it as 'confidence', thereforeeee, attractive. A nice guy doesn't have to be a jerk, in order to win a date. He just needs to be more of himself, more confident of who he is, then he'll attract the right people. It's all a matter of breaking out of that shyness.

To be honest with you, my boyfriend playing football really wouldn't have an effect on me at all. It wouldn't make me like him any less or any more, I would just see it as one of his hobbies; something he enjoys doing. I've yet to encounter a girl who has something completely against football, so I don't think you should be too concerned. Besides, as the others have pointed out, there's not much use in dating someone who is only interested in you because you're classified as a "jock."

I think its great if a guy plays a sport Pff, call me shallow if you want. I dont care. But still, *I* personally think its attractive if the guy gets out there and does something during PE.

Or I could just be saying this 'coz the guy that I like at the moment is sporty. I dunno.

Movies and shows directed towards teens would like us to believe that all girls love the quarterback and all guys are ga-ga over cheerleaders. That's not necessarily true. Like everyone else has side, join the team because you like to play football, not becuase of the affect you'll think it will have on girls. Some girls will like it, but they are probably not the girls you'll want if they are only interested in you the quarterback and not you the whole person.

Hope you have fun on the team and you guys win a lot of games.

being on the high school football team. Next football season I am going to be the starting quarterback and I was wondering if that is going to help my chances with the ladies. I am hoping for a girls opinion.

Dude, assuming you're decent and your team is decent (meaing 55-65% wins) you're in the door. Girls in HS (and in general) go weak in the knees for athletes, especially the starting QB, one of the most glorified positions in sports. Don't let these other people fool you, you're good to go.

I hope you are right. People are starting too talk to me that I never really talked to before and the first game is 9 months away, looks like it is working.

Have fun man and good luck on your season. Just be careful though b/c a lot of "golddigger types" (though I know you're not getting paid) are going to come at you b/c of your status. Don't let some groupie bring down your play on the field. Gotta remember that. I have a nephew who just starting playing HS football too and I've been warning him about some of the girls who will no doubt try to throw themselves at him.