Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Flying by the Seat of my Knickers... without my Broom Stick

Snow Bird

And so is the life of a Witch.. or so that's the label the pagan society gives me. To be more accurate, they more or less call me a hedge witch (since society insists on labeling me). I call myself a healer, a herbal healer. Let me bother to explain... I have over 20 years worth of herbal knowledge and healing on my back. I have treated all sorts of ailments with my herbal mixes, aromatherapy and home remedies. The pagan community call me a Witch. Personally I call myself a spiritualist. I do healing spells only though.. I guess the spells part is where the label "Witch" comes from. I am careful about telling people my religious inclinations though, because some Christians think it's something to do with satanism. Well, it isn't. I don't deal in anything "black or dark". The only magick I deal in is WHITE magick only.. or in my case, ONLY healing spells and chants. My religion is basically my own mix. It's a mix of all of this: Wicca, Native American spirituality (hence the name Snow Bird which is actually my Native American gifted name), Buddism, Paganism and some Christian beliefs from growing up. A "hedge Witch" is what they call a modern day version of the "village Witch" from centuries ago. You know? Those women you hear about in English villages that lived in a hut in the woods and people secretly went to for love potions or potions to heal ailments? Well, that's me *points to self*

This journal is going to hold record of my thoughts, herbal practices and knowledge, my day to day activities and other things. This first post is to introduce myself. I am a 48 year old mother and first time grandmother. I am a spiritualist, tech geek earning my IT degree to be a software programmer, writer, traveler and just sometimes off-the-wall weird. And I am proud of every single bit of it. I earned it, Dang it!!!!!

So when you have a desire to read my journal, hold on to your butt (bum my English friends call it) and tuck in for a bumpy, yet interesting "flying by the seat of your pants (knickers) without a broom stick" ride.

Well, my son's been having belly pain the last week so the digestive doctor is going to do a upper and lower scope on him on Monday. He's been nervous today so I have explained it all to him about the procedure to help relax him. He's only 10 years old so it's understandable that he's a bit nervous. They will be putting him under so he won't feel anything. I think it made him feel better to know that.

I have been bringing him with me to work the past week. He's been a good boy and just quietly lying around while I work here in my office. It does help that I have my own office. I've been giving him lots of hugs and kisses to help let him know that I am with him. I have been making sure that he eats foods that don't hurt his stomach. I haven't been able to give him soothing herbs yet because I don't know what's going on inside of his stomach yet. I will have to wait to see if the doctor finds anything before I talk to him about any herbs I can give my son. I have been having him eat soup and broth and things that are easy on the digestive system. Poor little mite.

I worry he might have IBS or stomach ulcers since they run in my family. I was fortunate enough not to get either one, but my sister has IBS and my mother had both IBS and stomach ulcers.

I think I understand why some of the regular posters on here don't type out long responses to threads that the OP has only one post. It's because a lot of times the administration closes them stating they have multiple accounts. I found that out after posting a couple of lengthy responses. Annoyed me that I wasted time and energy. Lol

My son had his two scopings done yesterday. He's got bad acid reflux and possible celiac disease. He will have to be tested for it though to rule it out completely. If he does have it, it just means he will have to change his diet. Overall, he's ok and it's not something dreadfully serious like I worried it might be.

I logged into campus today and saw I passed my Linux class with an A. I still have my 4.0 GPA and I am a junior. I will be starting the Java programming courses here in about a month. I know they will be more difficult, but I am confident I will pass them. I worked hard for that 4.0 GPA. I protect that thing like it's a baby. Obsessive with it much? lol

Archived