He broke up with me, but still keeps our photos on Facebook

PrettyGood

We were together for 7-8 months. Everything was perfect, except some ups and downs. However, despite the last romantic week we had and all this time living together, he decided to break up with me out of the blue saying that he was just using me for his convenience. I pleaded him to change his mind, but he was total heartless saying "I'm sorry babe, I just don't want it any more. It's not your first break up, you will survive and find the man who will be better than me."

It was a total shock and devastation. He was romantic and at the same time planned this break up in advance. Moreover, he suggested to remain friends to help me heal better and asked me not to waste my nerves on it. I rejected his suggestion asking to leave me alone, unless he wants to change his mind. I didn't remove him from my Facebook just because I'm not ready for it emotionally. It's the 3rd day and he didn't unfriend me on Facebook either. Moreover, 17 days ago (10 days prior break up) he shared 10 lovely photos of us being together for everyone to see + removed all of the photos with any other girls from his profile. And our photos are still there - he didn't deleted them. I just don't get it!

PrettyGood - maybe my recollection is gone, but haven't you jumped from one guy to another? I think its less about why he did this and more about developing good antennae for guys you potentially get involved with to take things slow and to weed out what you don't want.

That being said - sometimes some guys may want to end things on a good note. It is actually GOOD that he realized what he was doing and admitted it instead of going on for another year, right? Maybe he shared the photos because those simply were the last ones he took, or maybe he was mulling things. And some people want to remain friends or not friends but want to ease out of things to soften the blow. the "you will be okay/you had other breakups" is an odd comment - i don't know the exact context of your conversation but it could be meant for you to look on the bright side or to make him feel better.

Is this the guy who you had the miserable Christmas with or is this a different one? If it is the same guy, he kinda wasn't all in to begin with, was he?

Isn't it just wonderful when the dumper can be in such control of another human being. How amazingly powerful he must feel with so much of you in the palm of his hand. Delete him..from email, phone, fb, your life. NC all the way. He wants to be friends for himself, not for you. Besides, keeping him in your life will be miserable. He does not want you. He said those words and is heartless and unscathed by this. Keep posting here. I don't know your history as I am new, and I am also in pain and no expert, but I am out here and you are in there and can see more clearly. He has nothing invested anymore and you will get hurt over and over by hanging on until he gets so tired of it he will begin to be cruel to get rid of you. Be the first to let go or appear to let go and then find support and grieve it. Good luck

Honestly, NOBODY can tell you why he kept your photos up there except him. My ex and I broke up 3 months ago, he cheated and left me for another woman AND all of our photos are still on his profile in albums, on the photo profile thing, etc. He even posted a poem that he 100% wrote about me while sleeping with the other woman. Did I read into it? Of course! Am I trying to draw any type of insights into it? No, not anymore. It's pointless.

After we broke up, I uploaded pictures of us together. I'm not sure why. I was feeling nostalgic, wanted to share them, hoped he would see, who knows honestly.

Some people just don't take the time to delete photos or feel they are reminders of good times past. Therefore, yes, they are over it but see no reason to take the time and delete photos.

Again, there are many interpretation. I know it's hard right now but try to not think much of it. If anything, it means he doesn't have intense dislike for you. Just keep moving forward and see how the future plays out. Stay strong lady!

PrettyGood - but the last guy you had a miserable Christmas with, right? So if you met this guy in January, that was pretty much getting involved with someone new right away - and there was a guy before the Christmas guy. I think that you have a warped idea of who is "perfect" for you. its not about them checking the boxes physically with looks, sex, other things. its a guy that you know is human so is not perfect, and neither are you - but he respects you, he genuinely likes to hear about what you have to say, and you enjoy eachother's companionship. Please take a break from all this. take a breather.

Breakups don't usually just happen out of the blue; there are telltale signs before when the end is approaching. Remember? You said in the beginning "everything was perfect except some ups and downs." Those "downs" may have been your telltale signs that you overlooked. Everybody handles breaking up differently. For me, I've always found it much easier to break things off by moving on. I delete photos, throw away gifts, delete numbers, delete text messages... whatever it takes. As long as you hold onto those things, it's going to be harder to move on.

Archived