How to get the girl you've crushed over - advice needed

nookbridge

Hi everyone,

In the past I've solicited the forum for advice and it's been amazing. I'm hoping this time around will also be a positive experience.

So, here is my current dilemma: I went out on a date last week with a girl I've had a crush on for at least year. I ran into her about a month ago by chance and she told me that she had broken up with her boyfriend. I didn't pursue her for this entire time because in the mean time, I was with someone, I knew she was in a relationship and I probably wasn't ready myself post-break up to pursue her.

I left for a vacation that same week we met and I asked her out the week I got back, but the wording of the e-mail might have suggested it wasn't a "date" - at the end of our conversation, she said I should tell her some of my stories, which was to me a signal. We went out for a drink, and we ended up having dinner together. We used to have coffee together once a week or so, and chatted before, so it wasn't awkward per se, but there was a bit of nervousness on my part at least, but the conversation flowed nicely and there wasn't a lot of awkwardness.

I sent her an e-mail message the next afternoon, and she replied back the next day saying she enjoyed herself and replying to my previous message, she was interested in knowing what I had planned for another date. I replied back a few hours later with not the greatest e-mail message, rumbling on a bit too much, but I did ask her what her schedule was in the next week to plan something. Since Friday, she hasn't answered back at all, which is kind of weird since she usually gets back to you relatively quickly.

I have this itching need in me to check in, but I know it will look too desperate if I send another message too soon. Any suggestions from those of you out there? I would really appreciate it because I think we are a good fit and something could be there, but I don't want to screw it up - you only get a few chances! That's why I decided to jump as quickly as I did!

My idea was this: wait until Wednesday - it could be that she's really busy now or something happened, and didn't have in mind on Friday when she would be available and that's why she didn't reply, but she'll get back to replying when she remembers. A light e-mail with a joke and once again asking her, in more definitive terms, if she wanted to go to the restaurant I was planning to take her, and maybe set a day for it.

Thanks in advance everyone!

but I did ask her what her schedule was in the next week to plan something.

once again asking her, in more definitive terms, if she wanted to go to the restaurant I was planning to take her, and maybe set a day for it.

Always set a specific time and place when you ask someone out. If it doesn't match her schedule she'll let you know.

Archived