He isn't seeing her anymore...

CocoaBean

Trust me, that's what he's angling for. Just because he doesn't whip it out at lunch (who has sex on a lunch date anyway?) doesn't mean that's not what his motivation is. He's buttering you up to be a FWB and you are skipping right down that path.

Agreed. It sounds like he wants to keep things ambiguous and undefined, as they were after the breakup, to pave the way for future FWB.

Maybe he broke it off with the other girl because he wants to be with me? Or maybe she broke it off with him. Don't know. And I didn't ask. He did talk about getting on medication to deal with the stupid things he used to get mad at me about. I made a joke at him, to which he just replied, "I'm taking medication for that now"

Honestly. I'm not sure what he wants yet. Ad until I am sure. I'm not sleeping with him. Which means I Might never I guess. Hs going to have to be honest with me and figure himself out one way or another. Or who knows, maybe he'll find another FWB and then I'll have my answer. I'm not getting invested at this point.

Maybe he broke it off with the other girl because he wants to be with me? Or maybe she broke it off with him. Don't know. And I didn't ask. He did talk about getting on medication to deal with the stupid things he used to get mad at me about. I made a joke at him, to which he just replied, "I'm taking medication for that now"

If he had broken up with that woman to be with you, don't you think he would have told you? He's not telling you anything, which says a lot.

He's keeping things undefined with you. People who WANT to be with someone WANT to define their relationship. He's doing the opposite because in the past you've been willing to fill in the blanks and give him no-strings sex without any explanations.

I guess that ship has sailed...

Not everything is as it seems sometimes. And we were very good together for a long time. I'd like to move forward with him. But I know I'm capable to move forward without him as we'll. I looked in to getting another job, then we sat down and had a heart to heart almost 2 weeks ago, and I agreed to at least stay through the summer.

I want answers, but on the other hand I am not sure if he honestly has answers. He is starting new medication as of Monday. I hope it helps him.

He has answers, meds or no meds.

I'd tell him that it feels good to be spending time together again, and just ask him where he sees it leading to. He's very clearly putting out signals at this point, so there's nothing wrong with asking for some clarification.

If he wants to be with you he'd make it abundantly clear. I feel as if you are wishing and projecting right now.

Archived