Ex & I Living On Campus as friends?

Big problem here guys help me. My ex was always my best friend..We have been on and off recently but have been in relationship for 4 years(maybe a lil more). Right now he's busy and I'm busy and we had been fighting n arguing a couple times when we hooked back up. Since I felt like he wasn't ready for a commitment, I broke it off when inside I didn't want to. But I can tell he was confused wit all the changes, responsibilities and the stress of us. He's only about to b 18 in december.

Anyway, fast forward. The plan was we would always be in touch and date but just had to be out of the relationship for a while. Til he knew what he wanted in us. We are going to be going upstate NY to college together. I was thinkin that I shouldn't go cause I don't know how things will turn out up there..and I was hoping somewhere down the line we could be together. I mean I'm somewhat prepared for him to date other girls...its gonna be inevitable and I accept that. But if we stay close and in contact, could college change the swing of things for us and bring us together? He says he wants me to go because he doesn't want to lose me but it is my choice. I wanna know if we go there together, is it possible that at some time one or another he will wanna get back together now that we're alone n have all this time to be together but still be individual? Help guys..=0(

Thanks Iceman...I really feel like it would be good for us...but then again I wouldn't be able to know what he wants....and I think if I asked him..he wouldn't have his finger on it...But he must feel something to want me to go so bad right? I'm open to anything and when I told him that if I stay home everything we had might be over...he said he didn't wanna risk that and told me I kno how he feels about the situation...What would I have to do to give him his freedom but still be present enough where that old feeling can come back? I'm so confused but I really wanna go and have nothing to lose if I do..