She broke up with me but keeps me on the line

Jeffbobo

I dated this girl for 6 months. She broke up with me because she said I was not ready for a serious relationship. She also told me that she started seeing someone else. Well, when we broke up, I agree that I was not ready and I need to work things out in my life. Since then (been about 1 1/2 months since breakup), she has initiated contact with me. We text frequently, talk regularly and have been out together a few times (she initiates contact a lot more than me). We have not been intimate and it has more been like good friends. She is a social butterfly and has a lot of friends so its not like she needs another. I really do like this girl a lot but am not ready to go further into a relationship. I'm kind of confused in what to do or what may be going on.

Hello Jeff,

I will tell you my ex and I dated that long, and we borked up, and he eventually started talking to me 5 months later. Luckily for me, I don't have feelings for my ex so it isn't stopping me from dating.

But if you feel like there is still a connection between your ex and yourself it may not be good to keep that little thing of hope. I understand you don't want a relationship, but I can tell you still want something out of it.

Just be careful, she may just be playing you and it hopes to making you feel vulnerable to hurt you, again.

Archived