I asked a girl out and this was her reply...HELP

Yeah, what is up with her reply?

I should have written back:

"Your assumption that I wanted to date you was charming. I would love to get together with you for some more self-flattery in the future..."

In all honesty, she probably doesn't even know who I am. In my experience, EVERYONE has a special guy of two years until they see you drive a Mercedes...

Nicholas

P.S. Forgive the arrogance, but I've got all this new-found confidence and there's nothing I can do to keep it under control, no matter how unattractive it is...sigh...

I need a little help with a girl's reply too.

I asked this girl out just yesterday for a date tonight. I think that was a mistake, considering it was such short notice, but here's what happened anyway. I have a job and a boss who likes to change the schedule around alot, so, when I copy the schedule, I can't be exactly sure if things would stay the way they were written. When I first copied the schedule Monday, my weekend was free, so I decided I'd ask this girl out for a date on Saturday, but I figured I might as well wait a day or so, just in case my boss did change the schedule, which he did. When I came in to work Wednesday, I found the schedule had indeed changed and I had to work all weekend, but I was free Friday, so I figured, "What the hell, let's ask her out for Friday." So yesterday morning, I asked her if she wanted to go grab a bite to eat and maybe catch a movie, and to my surprise, she said yes, so I was real excited, but then she said, "But I can't..." When I asked her why, she said, "Well, I'm on the A basketball team, and the B team came to watch our game yesterday, and the B team has a game tomorrow, so our coach wants us to show up for their game to support them. I really would, but I just can't." Yes, I was a little disappointed, but at least she showed some interest, right? My problem is this: I've already asked her out once, and she said she would if she could, but she couldn't, so I want to know when an appropriate time would be for me to ask her out again? We just got out for a week-long Thanksgiving break, so I won't see her until next Monday, and I don't even have her phone number, so I can't exactly ask her out for a date this week. I just kinda want a few opinions as to what I should do and when.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, now from a girls point of view, her reply to you was perfect, she was just letting u know so u didnt go any further, she was friendly and the fact that she wanted u to indentify urself shows that she wants to get to know u as a friend. your reply probably made her feel like she was being laughed at, but it was better than lying to her about you being in a relationship.

u guys are so clueless lol! x

Hey honeybunch,

Yeah, I respect her reply. She kind of put things gently so I didn't have to go through all the trouble, and end up looking like an idiot. Oddly enough, I did anyways.

What I said was kind of stupid, kind of playing it off as a joke. We kind of stay our distance from one another. So the friend thing is not really there. I guess its hard maybe for a girl to be friends with a guy who is attracted to her.

I admit I am clueless. I'm 21 and have dated 2 girls for the past seven years, 3.5 yeas each! I'm pretty new at this whole thing.

Just glad to be out there

Nicholas

Just make more contact with her apologising for the reply, she sounds like an amazing person to even bother replying in the first place. You two could be soul mates-and it would never have the chance to blossom. Who knows you could be the one for her and you could end up together, but just see her as a friend, and things will work out I promise