Can you ever truly get over a loss that was traumatic to you?

Though a different context, I'd like to quote the words of alpacino in 88 Minutes....

" I've suffered such a loss and, like some of you here, I have spent those sleepless nights trying to desperately to squelch down that vile-ish instinct for revenge. And I have wondered if this pain will ever abate. I've learned that time does not heal the wound. It will, though, in it's most merciful way, blunt the edge ever so slightly."

Hope this answers your question.

If it's something that you cannot move past probably some counseling is in order. If you get stuck in one stage of grieving then counseling is helpful. It does not mean that you won't always miss the person because of course you will. And you will always love the person too. Sometimes we think if we give up our grieving that we don't love the person or that the person disappears. None of that is true. If you have not tried counceling to move your grieving process along a bit give it a try.

I've been also to that kind of situation. Many times I stumbled but then I had this life coach who once said that life is too wonderful to waste it. That whenever I feel lonely or rejected, I just have to pick myself up and move forward. She's a heaven sent that I eventually recovered from that tragic event. If by chance you want someone to help you through, visit this link link removed. There a lot of life coaches who can guide you. Have a great day!

Archived