Sucks when your two best friends are getting engaged around the same time

I am healing pretty well for someone who's just been through a break up in less than 2 weeks. I can honestly say that. Around 8 tonight, I got a text from my best friend that she just got engaged, and I just completely lost it, cried for an hour or so. Couldn't even control myself when I called to congratulate her, I felt soo bad. Two of my best friends are engaged and around the same age, and while I'm here healing myself from a yet another failed relationship. Sigh X1000.

Hang in there... As the last of the bridesmaids from many weddings... It sucks but sometimes you just have to rise above your own ****. They are your best friends and they know you are hurting and feel bad... So don't make it worse. NAND certainly don't be "that girl" you know the one that makes everything about her just cause she is miserable. Because frankly 20 years from now, you don't want the big memory of either of her days to be about some ******* that you don't even care about anymore (your ex)

You will meet someone else. Just be supportive and when you are alone or with another friend, go ahead and sob.... This too shall pass.

Hugs.

Yeah which is why I was so embarrassed and apologized, and hung up. I don't want to be "that" girl

Awwwww... It's okay. They know its hurts. You'll get your chance to be supportive. Be kind to yourself! It's a tough spot... Maybe try (and I know this sounds lame) but try to be the person you wish you could be right now. The old fake it till you make it trick. And why not embrace it and dream of the guy you will marry. Just because you don't really feel like dating anyone or even thinking about it, it's okay to fantasize and visualize new dreams that include a happy you, moving on and living the life you want.

Awwwww... It's okay. They know its hurts. You'll get your chance to be supportive. Be kind to yourself! It's a tough spot... Maybe try (and I know this sounds lame) but try to be the person you wish you could be right now. The old fake it till you make it trick. And why not embrace it and dream of the guy you will marry. Just because you don't really feel like dating anyone or even thinking about it, it's okay to fantasize and visualize new dreams that include a happy you, moving on and living the life you want.

Yeah I hope they will understand. And Lambert, I will definitely picture myself marrying the love of life and living happily ever after!! I think that might help, it's hard staying positive but I will try to!

Two of my best friends are engaged and around the same age, and while I'm here healing myself from a yet another failed relationship.

I hear you, girl! Right when my ex and I broke up and I was dealing with the heartbreak + moving out... my best friend calls to tell me she and her boyfriend are apartment hunting together. She's usually a commitment-phobe and breaks off things before they get serious, so when she started dating this guy I thought, "Another one?" My ex and I were "that" couple that everyone thought would make it. Not to mention the two of were always the ones advice to the two of them. I never thought it was their relationship that would outlast mine, let alone that they'd be moving in together.

Then, about a week later...another close friend calls to tell me her boyfriend bought a condo. What do you know? They're also moving in together. I think I was figuring out how to pack when I got the call.

On top of it all, 3 days after the breakup I get a text from my friend. He wanted to know our address so he could invite the two of us to his wedding. I think I was numb while I texted back telling him to send the invitation to my parent's house instead.

It's not to say I'm not happy for all my friends. I am. And I'm sure that our friends probably also thought hard about how to share the news in light of the timing. If you sounded less enthusiastic as you would have liked, I'm sure your friends understand.

Do either have a date set for the wedding? Most engagements last 8-12 months. Maybe by the time the wedding comes around you'll be well on your way to feeling healed. All the best xx

Archived