How are you supposed to feel on Adderall? 3 questions

If you have ADD or ADHD when you take adderall are you supposed to feel relaxed or energetic?

What do the different dosages mean and what is IR and XR?

Also, is it possible to get anxiety after stopping taking adderall?

I think I might have ADD and am going to schedule a doctor's visit soon to see what they think about my concentration problems but before I do I wanted to hear about experiences from people who use it (whether prescribed or not).

Thanks!

Adderall is supposed to help you FOCUS. Like a microscope, lol. It's a stimulant that has amphetamine in it, so it might make you more energetic, but from what I understand if you actually have ADD or ADHD it will generally have somewhat of an opposite effect and keep you relaxed. I'm sure it's different for every person, though.

IR is instant release, meaning you get all the medication in your system very fast. XR would be extended release, which means it releases portions of the medicine into your system over an extended period of time.

Adderall comes with risk of dependency. It can be quite addicting. Should you quit taking it, you should taper off instead of abruptly stopping it. A common withdrawal symptom would be anxiety.

Hope that answers your questions.

Archived