Why does no one like me?

I have been repeatedly told I am attractive, successful, etc. But, for some reason, people in my generational bracket just do not like me, as friends or otherwise. People talk to me 2 or 3 times online or text, and then suddenly disappear. What is the "rule" for getting to know new people?

Are you talking about online dating? Or just general online "talking"?

If it is all online, and it isn't working, then why not try meeting people in real life. Get out there and do a hobby or join a club, take classes and meet other students, etc.

Women are simply wary online, because until you meet someone in real life you never know who you are talking to. Well, sometimes you don't even know until you have spent a bit of time in person getting to know him...

You can always post bits of your conversations here so people can help you to know if it is in the way you interact online that is turning people off.

Also, it is important for you to remember that when you meet someone in person - most of the time you are not going to be attracted to them. Remember it won't be much different online.

I am sure you are a very likeable person. If you would ever like to have a conversation with anyone feel free to email me. I may not reply straight away but I always find the time for people in my busy life.

I dont think there is a rule as such. But being true to yourself is very important. And if people still don't want to talk to you then the obviously arn't worth your time.

xoxoxo Hopeful Heart

No offense, just speculating and I know nothing about you or your conversations but maybe it could mean that you are a nice guy but you are totally boring so conversations with you lead to no where or the replies you provide seem dull or contain too little humor.

I have been repeatedly told I am attractive, successful, etc. But, for some reason, people in my generational bracket just do not like me, as friends or otherwise. People talk to me 2 or 3 times online or text, and then suddenly disappear. What is the "rule" for getting to know new people?

The rule is to actually go out and meet people in real life.

The key in all of this is to cast your net far and wide

Go to gay bars

Join sports clubs

Use websites

Take up a new interest

Its all about as others say what will put you into contact with people? Get out there and mingle mingle mingle

Archived