He says he doesnt miss me...

alexisgrace

I was talking to my boyfriend the other day and I said that I had missed him (saw him on Friday, hadn't seen him since Tuesday) and he didn't say it back, and when I asked why he said that he didn't miss me coz he sees me regularly and "I didn't go anywhere"..which is true. However, I still stand by the fact that when a couple of days go by, I do miss him. Is it just him or are other guys like this as well? I probably have to add thats hes not a very emotional person, hes not really into much PDA but he tells me he loves me everyday and calls me everyday. I am sure that he loves me and everything but is it just that he is a very logical person that he doesn't feel that he misses me after a few days...? That he thinks "oh I'll see her on Friday" and doesn't allow himself to miss me? We have been apart for more extended amounts of time (a week or a few weeks for vacations, the longest we have ever been apart was 3 months) where he has always said he missed me I guess coz he was far away.

I'm probably looking way too far into this or being overly picky but just thought I'd put it out there if this has occurred to anyone else...I am often struggling with the differences between males and females in thinking this way, especially since I am an emotional personal where he is more logical.

It's not a male or female thing it's an individual thing. Sometimes my partner will tell me he misses me whilst he's at work or when he's gone out and I think it's sweet but we live together so I don't get it really. I missed him when he went away for 3 days.

I think your boyfriend's right in a way, you see eachother and talk regularly so he had no real need to 'miss you' because you were still in contact. I think he's just being over practical about it really.

I wouldn't be offended over it. You are obviously just a bit different when it comes to the missing eachother aspect. The fact he says he loves you and he calls you all the time. Well that's great and sounds like you have a great boyfriend.

Thanks, I do have a great boyfriend. I have just been feeling a bit insecure lately and it threw me off a bit. I'm sure that if I were to go away or not answer his calls (not that I would have any reason to, just hypothetically) he would miss me. He is very practical and sometimes it drives me crazy if i'm feeling down and I just want him to say it back or something, but I guess I like that about him because he puts things into perspective for me and balances me out.

Me and my partner are the same. We are very different. he is really laid back a lot. I am NOT laid back at all. But we balance eachother out. I think it's good to be similar enough to get on but different enough to still be interesting to eachother and to teach eachother new things

I'm sure he would miss you too. Just sounds like he was being practical.

Archived