Someone please tell me what to do. My ex-boyfriend and I have been broken up for a month. This was the 5th time we broke up. I love him more than life. He says he loves me but he has a lot of issues he needs to work out and he doesn't want to hurt me again. I can't seem to move on. I have tried to date but I am just not ready. He acts like one day there might be a chance – but that he isn't ready for a relationship. He hasn't been out with anyone (yet) and says he has no desire to. He says that he isn't ready for a relationship – but that it would be selfish to ask me to wait for him.

I love my ex so much. I can barely stand the thought of living without him. I have tried everything to get over this – therapy, hypnotherapy, books, prescription meds, prayer, crystals – I mean everything. NOTHING HELPS!!! I am at the end of my rope.

I can't stand the thought of living the rest of my life without him. He is the only thing in this world I want. I have

How do I move on????

Five breakups is a pattern, and one that it seems is doomed to repeat itself unless the two people can truly work on the deep problems that are causing them.

Your ex has already admitted he is not ready, so leave him be. I had a talk with my ex actually recently - where he knows I'm a catch but he just could not get it together in his own life to enable it to work. It happens, you can truly love one another, and just not be able to make it work.

Take your time in healing, there is no need to rush it and there is no time where you are magically over it. Don't go out and date just to date, wait a while until you feel you are ready to do so and you will enjoy yourself (and they can enjoy your company as well!). In the meantime, build your life and your friendships. Start writing to express yourself, or enroll in some martial arts lessons etc to get rid of some of the frustrations and meet some new people (just examples of course!).