Do SoulMateS ReallY X-iSt ?

hey, hope sumone can help me...

i met this guy one nyte after i crashed my car, i was crying so hard i didnt even know who he was but i went up to him n hugged him(i wasa lil tipsy) and just cried, then he followed me back to my crash site and he said: "deviousj, thats deviousj" he recgonized my pic from link removed we had matched up on there b4, a few months ago but he was in north dakota in the military and i was home in nj sop i payed no bother to it.

anyways, that was the time he was home on vacation leave and thats when i met him. we hung out every day for the next two weeks n him n i both agree we felt like we had known each other forever and got along so well. the whole time we were apart we always thought about each other and talked about how we would be together when we got home.

well hes home now and even tho i havea BF of almost a year, i fell those feelings coming back again and we both agree on taking things slow and want all the same things and i dontknow... my current BF doesnt really enjoy the same things i do and i dont feel connected to him in the way i feel connected to jon.

jon knows i havea BF, my Bf doesnt know about jon.

does this sound like my soulmate? should i leave my comfort and security for what my body feels to be my soulmate?

well first of all, dont drink and drive or youll end up never finding a soulmate.

im not sure hes your soulmate, but if your already in a relationship and thinking so much about someone else thats not really fair to your current bf. if you have strong feelings for another, feelings greater then for your bf then you shouldnt be with him. it sucks, buts thats how life is. if he were in your situation would u want him to stay with you? im not giving you an answer here, im more so asking, whos more important to you, who do you have stronger feelings for. if you stay with your bf will the other guy just fade away or will it drive you crazy.

Not sure if there is such thing as soul mates, but i believe that there are some people who have chemistry together and some people who don't. It's difficult because i am with this guy atm and i know that i love him and i have no question about wanting to spend the rest of my life with him...but i don't think that he's the only person who i could love. It's confusing

Soul mates is a wonderful fantasy for people who have hope. But for me...my hope is running dry. I personally would LOVE to believe in soul mates, but sadly...the reality with me, is that I don't believe they're real. People can easily have a "connection" with tons of other people.

It's been proven time and time again that you can fall head over heels in love with someone you think you have a connection with...and later on, the relationship dies...does that mean that this person was your soul mate?

People change their opinions all the time. How do you know that this person is your soul mate when you could very well change your opinion 5 years down the road???

i spent my whole life not believing love exsisted, only in songs and films etc. Never the romantic, never slushy, never over emotional.

until last year....

a friend of a friend gave us a lift home, he is not my type and i wouldn't have looked at him twice normally. When i reached over to give him a quick kiss to say thank you for the lift, that was it, i didnt know what hit me.

we were engaged within 7 weeks and he is my soul mate, the part of me that has been missing all my life. i feel complete when i am with him. i know when he is thinking of me and when he is going to call or text, and i know when he needs me and vica versa.

We have had strangers, on more than one occasson, coming up to us and saying how wonderful it is to see two people so in love.

i sound like a love sick teenager but i turned 40 last week, i never thought it possible at my age, so dont ever give up hope.

What do you mean by connection? What exactly do you feel? I'm just wondering so I can compare it to something I read about soulmates.

If you feel that you no longer want to be with your boyfriend and you're sure about this then let him know. Don't stay with him just to protect his feelings because in the long run it's only going to hurt both of you. Be honest with him. Be sure it's what you want though and be sure the "soulmate" wants a relationship with you first.

• 8 months later...

If we were to loosen the Definition of soulmates to not meaning only one person for everyone, I would take it more seriously.

Personally, I believe there are many potential partners out there for us all. It's just what one you find and what one sticks by you.

we can have several soul mates in life. People to whom ours souls are naturally drawn to, and they will stay linked through eternity. A soul mate can also be your best friend, not necessarily the opposite sex.

Now twin souls, thats another story....

i have been looking into the subject, simply because i couldn't understand why i should be so drawn to someone that is not my type. His weakness's are my strengths and vica versa, thus making a whole, complimenting each other.

We are still together and linked as strongly as ever.

Deviousj are you still following this as i would love to know the out come??

• 1 month later...

i have choosen to be faithful to my current bf and everything is working out, of course there are ups and downs and some kinks to work thru still but all in all our relationship is better than ever and im completely smitten with my desicion to stay.

Occasionally I wonder what it would have been like to be with Jon and were my life would be right now, he called the other nyte after 6 mos or so... anyways, Im satisfied and hold no regrets

I learned that whatever happens will happen and honesty is always the nbest policy no matter who it hurts