Is it ok to ask??

when i went to my friends for help on relationships, and i asked them about kissing they said that they ask the girl if its ok to kiss her at that moment. Personally i think that it doesnt work but i might be wrong what do u guys think?

Maybe in a couple of situations, like if someone is seeing you as a friend, and you would like to kiss them anyway, that may take some asking!

Normally in a relationship, it normally seems to me that if people both are showing their affection for one another, and they both are equally available to kiss, then it normally just happens without that much forethought.

You probably would start off with a little light peck to get the show started, and then move to the more passionate kissing when the other person seems equally involved.

Maybe that is just me, how do others feel on the topic?

• 2 weeks later...

The feeling I got from your post is that you are in a relationship with this girl. If this is true then don't ask. I had a boyfriend once that asked everything before he kissed me and it was one of the biggest turn offs ever, it ruins the moment!

If you are just seeing eachother as friends and your not sure if she wants to take it any farther then ask. This would be the only exception to the 100% no asking rule!!!

• 6 months later...

It depends...

Just beginning dating, first or second date or something where he really wouldn't have an idea if I'm interested in more than just the date - it would be nice and respectful.

From a friend who didn't know if it was acceptable - similar, though if it was someone I knew really well, I'd rather he just went for it, if we're good friends and I didn't want him to, I wouldn't have a problem still being friends later.

In a relationship - I'd find it a bit of a let down, if I was willing to say I was his girl, he'd better get around to try kissing me!

• 4 weeks later...

in the beginning of any of my relationships, I have always asked first. especially the first few dates. it never occurred to me that it could be a turn of for some ladies. I just thought that it was the right thing to do. ask first, I would never want to do something that she didn't want to, or was not ready for.