Just need to Vent!

bebeblondie

So, I’ve written about this guy before…met him off a dating site once, the date seemed to well, but then never heard from him after that, I strongly suspect it was since I was taller than him, especially since he made a comment about it. Ever since then though (and this was back in September) he’s been looking at my profile ALL THE TIME! I of course just ignored it, and that was that. Fast forward to last Friday night, he inbox’s me on the site asking me how the dating website is working for me, and telling me that he’s looking to close his account soon. So we went back and forth with a couple of emails, and then the next morning he emailed me again asking if we could together soon, and if asking if he could text me. I sound “ok sounds good”, a couple of hours later he texted me giving me his number (no conversation really), and then the next morning (which was Sunday) he texted me asking me how my night was, so we went back and forth texting for a bit, and that was it. During this whole time he still kept looking at my profile, anyway since that last text conversation Sunday morning, he hasn’t contacted me or looked at my profile. I’m guessing he must’ve met someone else Sunday night or something. I wasn’t even really physically attracted to this guy, just thought he was nice and fun, but it’s still pretty frustrating!! Lol Just needed to Vent! Thanks.

He was taking his profile down because he met someone...in that he would have lost your info so he wanted your number so he could contact you if what he found didn't work out.

In a way, he is keeping you on the back burner without you knowing.

He actually already had my number from the last time we met...he said he had found my number and asked if it was ok to text me....but what you're saying makes a lot of sense, I didn't even think of that....oh well

I had many similar experiences when I met men through on line dating - every time I started up again after a hiatus that kind of flakiness/games was a bit of a shock but since I really wanted to meet someone long term I did my best to get past it sometimes within minutes or less so I could focus my energies on the positive side of things. Otherwise I'd get burned out too fast. One of my friends once got a phone call from a guy from a dating site who said "I have a girlfriend but things aren't going well - can I keep your number in case things don't work out" (um, nope).

One of my friends once got a phone call from a guy from a dating site who said "I have a girlfriend but things aren't going well - can I keep your number in case things don't work out" (um, nope).

haha, does anybody actually say "yea sure go ahead" to this???

I think because this guy kept looking at my profile this whole entire time, I just assumed maybe there was something genuine in what he was saying....but he probably does this to a lot of girls he meets. I remember when I met him, I told him I was very selective about who I choose to meet in person, and told him over the course of 6 months he was the 4th person I met on the site. He was so shocked, and said he meets someone 2 nights a week off the site...I thought that was a bit much, and I actually asked a guy who I met after him how often he met people off the site, he said I was the first one since he just joined recently, but that he was on the site a while ago and met about 3 people. I asked him what he thought about a guy who meets people 2 nights a week, his advice was "stay away from a guy like that"....I guess he was right! lol

For all you know it wasn't him looking -maybe his girlfriend keeps checking his profile to see who he's viewed in the past.

Oh boy, thats just crazy! I doubt that though, he mentioned a couple of things I told him when we met...so unless he told his new gf about me (which I very highly doubt!) she wouldn't know those things by just looking at my profile.

Do you care whether this guy texts you? If not, it really doesn't matter. If you DO want to talk more, text HIM. It's really that simple. If seeing him again or talking to him is something you could care less about, his texts or presence on your profile are all irrelevant.

There's a girl I messaged with over two YEARS ago who still stops by my profile but doesn't say anything. (We never met.) I finally teased her about it the other day (also acknowledging her shy nature) and she said "I know I was shy, but I think I'm ready for something now." blah blah blah. When I replied, she didn't. I deleted and moved on. Some people really just do really dumb things that make little to no sense to the average person. As long as they're not hurting us, I don't worry about it.

When he wants to text you, he will. If he wants to see you, he'll ask. If he doesn't, forget him. Don't stress yourself over it.

Anyway, I gotta start gettin' ready for my night. Good luck. I'll check back for your reply on Monday.

gosh if facebook let people see who was looking at their profiles i would have to stop using the site immediately!! I would die of embarrassment if they guy i dated in dec knew how often i looked at his facebook!! die!!!

I've never understood the point of that. If you're over him, why care? Or be nosy? If you're not over him, why torture yourself?

Anyway, later ya'll.

Archived