what is with this dude, part II

Lambert

Here is the story behind this post.

I didn't expect to hear from him and I don't think many others thought I would either. Then today, he sent me a text that said, "I'm very sorry. I hope that you'll be patience with me"

What the hell does that mean??

I haven't responded.

Standard ENA explanation will be that he was seeing someone else, it didn't work out, and you're second choice, but let's not assume that.

What's he sorry for? What does he want you to be patient about? If you care, I think you have to ask him - nobody can guess helpfully at the meaning of those abstractions!

Best case, he is aware he messed up before, there was some good reason for it, and he's now asking you to give him another chance and will be prepared to engage with you properly.

Worst case, he'll do the same again.

Standard ENA explanation will be that he was seeing someone else, it didn't work out, and you're second choice, but let's not assume that.

What's he sorry for? What does he want you to be patient about? If you care, I think you have to ask him - nobody can guess helpfully at the meaning of those abstractions!

Best case, he is aware he messed up before, there was some good reason for it, and he's now asking you to give him another chance and will be prepared to engage with you properly.

Worst case, he'll do the same again.

thanks for responding. I think he is sorry for not talking to me since Tuesday. I guess. I have no idea about the patience part. I think I am just going to remain silent. If he is really sorry and then I am sure he will try to do a little better than a text message.

Experience tells me he is stringing you along and is not genuinely interested. Common sense is often the best answer.

Experience also tells me when people post they know deep down the other person is not going to live up to his promises.

Thanks Ms Darcy. I think you are spot on.

Don't answer and don't text losers like him again. If they want to talk to you, they should call you, not text you.

Thanks.... This, too, is good advice. At first it is hard to not respond, but as time passes (even just a few hours) it gets much easier. We often get what we settle for.

Archived