Do I tell her I like her or do I just leave it?

tuatara

Last year I had a thing with this girl a met for a week while travelling. We got on really well.

We kept in contact and booked a holiday to meet up 3 months later in another country.

Within that 3 months she got a boyfriend. I wasn't that bothered because I lost that initial attachment I had with her.

We still went on holiday together for 11 days, just no hanky panky. We had a amazing time, a lot of fun, no fights.

Once I got home I was shocked how much I missed her/liked her.

I am planning to go to her city in 3 months now for a business trip with colleagues. It would be good to hangout with her again

My question for you all is:

Should I tell her the truth about liking her, and then cut communication, hoping that I will lose my interest in her, so we can meet up as friends with no excess feelings. With the slight chance that maybe she likes me in the same way.

or

Should I just say nothing. Ignore it all. And meet up with her not knowing how I'll feel then.

If you did not desire her after the initial three months and only when you saw her and she had a boyfriend, are you sure you don't merely just want what you cannot have? Of course you weren't going to have fights while you were with her - she was in a relationship with someone else and was seeing you as a friend. I think that if she has a boyfriend, you should offer to meet her AND her boyfriend for dinner when you are there, but do not pursue anything else with her. I am surprised he put up with you spending 11 days with his girlfriend, IMHO.

One other note: If she has a boyfriend you are putting her in an awfully awkward spot. So in your case, I would do my best unless you are willing to meet the boyfriend to stay away from her.

This honestly sounds like a situation I was in within this past year. I met a girl while on spring break who I think started to like me but I had a girlfriend at the time. I realized pretty quickly that I was attracted to her and her personality but nothing ever came of it. We kept in contact via phone and Facebook and eventually she got a boyfriend a few months after we met initially. Fast forward to now and I'm single and she's still going out with her boyfriend. We still talk occasionally and she is flirty in her texts. I think if she was single she'd definitely be interested. But she's not. And I'm not the type of person to overly flirt with a girl who has a boyfriend or tell a girl who has a boyfriend how I feel. You just have to wait it out and see what happens. If you stay in touch, you have a better shot at one day getting her.

Archived