Akward Silences...

paperboy48

I have been datign this "great" girl for the last three months. We are in our mid-thirties. We have both stated we are in-love with each other. Most of the time, we have great conversation-flow. Usually I can't wait to see wait she is going to say next because most of the things she says are so interesting and I do the same, as well.

Sometimes after being with each other for a while, like this week we were with each other Wed. night, Thursday night, Friday night and aggain on Saturday afternoon. While going for a walk on Saturday afternoon and in the car later that evening, I basically ran out of things to say...she thought something might be bothering me.

Is htis normal? What should we do when there is nothing to say?

I think it's normal. I'm in a great marriage and we often go for periods of time without speaking. Then a song will come on, or we'll see someone we know and the conversation will pick right up!

I like it that we feel comfortable whether we're conversing or not. We're that couple that can go to lunch and read the paper in silence, yet still feel incredibly connected.

How about enjoy the silence.

When you reach a point in a relationship when you are just as happy being together in silence as you are chatting up a storm, you have reached the point of pure happiness and security with each other.

Don't over-analyze.

Ok, I just thought 3 months might be too soon for periods of silence.

Archived