10 weeks NC. His best friend just texted me.

The first few weeks of were NC were so hard but I've been doing very well lately. I'm hoping to move to another city for a new job soon. My ex hasn't been the main thing on my mind the last two weeks. It feels great!

Well, I got a text about an hour ago from his best friend. I didn't know who it was at first because I deleted his best friends number on the day I went NC, the same time I deleted my ex's number.

He said, "Are you out to play tonight?" I just said "Who's this?" and he replied saying "It's [ex's best friends name]" He's probably drunk. I don't have a clue why he's texting me. He was never really my friend. It's bugging me now and I keep thinking what possessed him to text me. I was doing so good and now this happens...

Well the good thing is it is NOT your ex! True it is someone from your ex's "world," but take it as a compliment that you were liked and are now most likely missed.

Also, I was just thinking, you should really round up some numbers to have blocked. Being contacted will just set you back. I blocked my stb ex husband, any friends numbers and his family on my AT&T plan on some "smart limits" thing they have. Not a single phone call, it is like putting a nail in the coffin. Definitely do this through whoever your carrier is, or get a new number, and you won't have to worry again.

Archived