Sex during early menstruation cycle.

blowfish

I read on the internet and stuff that the safest time to have unprotected sex is during the early stages of the menstrual cycle. We did this today, day 2, her period cames yesterday. Is this early? Or do they mean the period (which lasts for 4 days for my gf).

Thanks

It's never safe to have unprotected sex - at any point of her cycle. It is possible to get pregnant at any time of the month, but much more likely while she is ovulating (about halfway through her cycle when the ovary releases the egg).

Don't chance it at 19. If you're having regular sex it would be wise for her to get herself some birth control pills, a diaphragm, or some other type of contraceptive. There's not really a good excuse these days for unwanted pregnancies, there are simply too many preventive measures easily available.

I agree with OceanEyes, it is never safe to have unprotected sex. Even during menstration, women have been known to get pregnant from unprotected sex. Her most fertile time is about 2 weeks after the start of her period. HOWEVER, this is what it would be if women's cycles were perfect and regular. Most women do not menstruate exactly every 28 days on the spot. If they did, rhythm would probably be a better birth control method.

There are plenty of contraceptives out there, and if you don't know where to start, have her talk to her doctor. Don't be embarrassed, it's a heck of a lot less embarrassing than winding up with a child you didn't plan on having.

Yes I forgot to tell you taht I acknowledge the fact that its not 100% safe in terms of pregnancy...

The situation was that we decided to do it, but I didn't penetrate far (becuase I couldn't... not wet enough to slip in... so we stopped) and I didn't come ALOT (only clear liquid when I pulled it out), she wipped it off immediately. I know doing so will not prevent it 100%.

What I mean is that since it is athe beginning of the cycle and that the egg was flushed out, the hance of pregnancy is very small yeah? Or not as high as say... during the middle of the cycle.

Yes I forgot to tell you taht I acknowledge the fact that its not 100% safe in terms of pregnancy...

The situation was that we decided to do it, but I didn't penetrate far (becuase I couldn't... not wet enough to slip in... so we stopped) and I didn't come ALOT (only clear liquid when I pulled it out), she wipped it off immediately. I know doing so will not prevent it 100%.

What I mean is that since it is athe beginning of the cycle and that the egg was flushed out, the hance of pregnancy is very small yeah? Or not as high as say... during the middle of the cycle.

Sperm can live in a women's body for UP TO SEVEN DAYS! So if her cycles are irregular, or if she is one of those women that just ovulate earlier and releases an egg during her period or shortly after, or some women actually can release more that one egg in a month she can STILL GET PREGNANT. The egg at this time would still be in the fallopian tube making its way down, so would not getl "flushed out" as you said. There are women who when pregnant still have periods early on in their pregnancies and the egg/fetus does not get flushed out - once it implants it is pretty stubborn to stay there!

Get some protection, don't risk it.

Try this link:

link removed

What you guys are doing is called the rhythm method, and not that many people are familiar with it, it is also called natural family planning.

Did you actually orgasm up in the vagina? The reason that there were not a lot of fluids is that the menstural flow seems to stop during sex, and also when she is in the shower, so that is another time that you could have sex.

Nothing is 100%--only abstinance. And even then there is a certain amount of human failure.

The worst time to have sex is 13 to 14 days after the first day of menstural flow. She will notice that her vaginal secretions are more like the consistency of egg whites. If you put some between your fingers -- you can actually stretch your fingers out and there will still be a little fluid there between your fingers, this fluid is what the sperm can travel in, they need that channel of mucus to swim. They can't live in normal vaginal secretions and they can't swim there either, so the seven days idea isn't true. They can last about 24 hours.

Look at natural family planning or the rhythm method.

it definatly wasnt the smartest thing. the safest time to have sex is prolly right after her period finishes because she is not ovulating (most women ovulate 9-11 days after there period, around the middle of the month) especially un protected sex at that. i dont understand why people can actually let them do such a thing and risk an unwanted birth. your young and im sure you dont want kids right now especially if your posting about it. if you survive this scare i suggest you smarten up and wear a jimmy hat next time.

Good Luck.

Do you know the difference between education and propaganda?

Propaganda is one sided opinions, and education is free of opinions. Education is supposed to be neutral, or present both sides of the argument.

He has a right to risk pregnancy if he is in love and wants to have a secure attachment to a girl.

You can't force someone to go on the pill can you??

Being able to PROPERLY use the rythm method takes a lot of charting until you learn your own body, testing cervical mucous, temperature even...I assume she is around same age as the poster, and that can be a big responsibility at that age. Even then, there is no guarantee as sometimes women ovulate at different times anyway or sperm are very determined!

And, the chances of failure with rythm method are quite a lot greater than using protection properly - a condom, the pill, diaphragm. I know of people who were very good at charting/checking and still had surprises!

it definatly wasnt the smartest thing. the safest time to have sex is prolly right after her period finishes because she is not ovulating (most women ovulate 9-11 days after there period, around the middle of the month) especially un protected sex at that. i dont understand why people can actually let them do such a thing and risk an unwanted birth. your young and im sure you dont want kids right now especially if your posting about it. if you survive this scare i suggest you smarten up and wear a jimmy hat next time.

Good Luck.

9-11 days after the period... that's the most dangerous time, her period came the day before we had unprotected sex. So All I'm asking is... Is that the safest time? By safe I don't mean that it is 100% safe, but is it less likely?

Hi blowfish!

I agree with most of the people above in the point about unprotected sex being unsafe at any time.

Well, first of all I don't think that it was that smart to have unprotected sex, unless you wanted a child. Having children is a big responsibility, and making one without having planned it, is a bad idea.

I didn't come ALOT (only clear liquid when I pulled it out), she wipped it off immediately.

That clear liquid is something I think is called pre-cum or so, and it might contain sperm if you already came before. But if you peed before, then that is unlikely to have happened because it would have flushed away.

If there were any doubts, your gf could still use the day after pill. Just don't do that again (unprotected sex) unless you have thought about it carefully.

D1whoutf

Thanks guys... I checked up with the doctor today, he said there is a low chance of pregnancy after two days of period, he also said there is a possibility of pregnancy if she ovulates early... which is not often.

He said chances of it happening (pregnancy in my situation) is... slightly less then or equal to that of getting pregnant from unprotected while on pill... It might not be true, but then i dunno myself.

I was just wondering about fertility... it confused me...

When the period happens... is it fertile or infertile? Some people say that before period, some people say after, some people say... 7 to 14 days of menstrual cycle and 4 days after ovulating... Please answer...

Well, in a perfect world, she would be infertile during her period. From what I have read, around 14 days (two weeks after the first day of her period) is the most fertile time. But of course, this is in a perfect world where women's cycles are regular and 100% predictable. The reality is it's possible to get pregnant during any time of the month. It might be less likely during certain times, but it is possible.