Any comments on this?

asdf

I've come to find that usually average or plain looking girls tend to be quite comfortable and open with me whereas usually very very very good looking girls seem to get shy around me. I don't get what that is, because I don't think I treat these two classes of girls any different. Is there something that good looking girls are insecure around than every other girl isn't?

Baffling

Maybe very, very, very goodlooking people don't have as much personality, because they've never had to develop it. They're coasting by on their looks.

That's just a hypothesis, because frankly I've never noticed this when it comes to great looking guys vs. average looking ones.

As said before, really good looking girls tend to depend on their looks alot. This could cause isolation from some (i.e. those "unworthy", those too shy to talk to them, etc.) Because of the isolation, they are not so used to talking to guys like yourself, making them shy. (All this I'm guessing though, so I'm not so sure )

As said before, really good looking girls tend to depend on their looks alot. This could cause isolation from some (i.e. those "unworthy", those too shy to talk to them, etc.) Because of the isolation, they are not so used to talking to guys like yourself, making them shy. (All this I'm guessing though, so I'm not so sure )

Ah, so because I'm not treating them any different from non-stuck up girls, they feel like they don't really have anything else to compensate with?

interesting theories. hmm...i dont know, ive noticed with guys, the good looking ones are usually very stuck up or VERRRRY shy. i agree, they never "needed" the personality. generally speaking ofcoures because there are some people in the world that have both. but for the most part there is usually a glitch in the personality department. i consider myself pretty attractive...and although i get nervous, im not really shy, and i just kind of let go. as well, it could be that the average looking girls dont think they really have a shot with you and only aspire to be your friend, so thereforeeee they're not shy or nervous, whereas the really good looking girls may know hmm...he might like me, maybeeeee, and they get shy. who knows??? lolz

Definitely a personality issue. I've dated a couple of really hot chicks, and I always was amazed why they were so intimidated by me. I think it's really two-fold:

(1) I treated them the same way as other girls. I did not drool over them or do anything to grab their attention with the hopes of hooking up. When I dated these girls all the other guys would just gawk at her, and she even mentioned to me that's just all that she's used to ever hearing from guys. The constant hitting on, attention, etc. I wasn't too drawn to her, and didn't give her preferential treatment. Wasn't jealous of her or insecure around her. I was myself around them, and I was comfortable around them. I think that may have been a turn-on for them.

(2) Their personalities are...boring?..terrible? It's like they had nothing to talk about, and because they were so interested in me, they just mirrored my personality. I'd suggest doing something for fun, and most of the time she never even been there, done that, tried that, etc. Made me wonder what the heck they do with their time.

^i concur, hot looking girls never needed anything else rather then their looks to get by.

This is generalizing - I must disagree. Just because a girl takes care of herself, puts effort into her appearance and looks better than most doesn't mean that she doesn't have a good personality. Character is developed mostly in childhood anyhow, when looks are usually not as important. Girls who don't have personality usually choose to be this way.

A friend of mine - who is absolutely stunning - volunteers 3 days a week for a suicide hotline, is always there when I need her, and is one of the sweetest, most incredible women I've ever had the pleasure of knowing.

I think it is incredibly presumptuous and unfair to say that very attractive women are empty and have nothing more to them than their appearance. Sometimes it takes a bit of digging and effort to discover the true nature of some people - not everyone is an open book - with some people there is effort required in getting to know them.

This is generalizing

It absolutely is. But, the majority of these beautiful women that I have met or that friends have met support the theory that they have no personality. That's not to say that all of them are like that. There are outliers - the ones that have great looks and a great personality. I have heard of them existing, but have yet to meet them.

The absolutely coolest girls that I have met are the plan or average ones. The ones that still do care about themselves, and put effort into their appearance, but they don't let that dominate there life though.

One hot chick I dated spent at least 2 hours to get ready every day, even if she had no big plans for the day: about an hour and a half on make-up and a good 30 minutes trying to find her outfit for the day, which she changed about 8 times before she found one that looked "alright." Add in showering, eating breakfast, etc. That's a lot of time wasted on crap. This girl also did not have many friends. Matter of choice? I don't think so. She told me it was because her X was really controlling. I gave her the benefit of the doubt at the time because I didn't really know her that well yet, but in time, I just realized she sucked, and that's why she doesn't have many friends. Poor girl.

A lot of the real pretty girls are really cranky. That is what I don't like. The ones who think that everyone should just fall all over themselves trying to take care of their needs. Or they are always trying to make fun of people or put other people down.

I think it takes so much effort to be really good looking they just don't have time to develop themselves. They normally don't go to college either so they are still operating in life like it was high school.

A lot of them are in sales, and you know how interesting sales people are!

Mostly I think that pretty girls need to eat more!! Of course that is just a generalization, but I think it is true. They need some red meat!!

They must also deny themselves so much, that they don't know how to give respect to others.

Mostly I think that pretty girls need to eat more!! Of course that is just a generalization, but I think it is true. They need some red meat!!

So you're saying that you have to be thin to be beautiful?

Anyway, ew. Red meat. There are vegetarians on here, y'know. ;D

I was just telling them what i thought, that is all. People who are really thin probably dont eat enough and that can make you depressed. Red meat is good for the sex drive. I think it is the zinc in meat that makes us more sexual. This is just my view on the topic. I was trying to identify the cranky people that I know of, those same people think that they are beautiful on the outside, but they may be missing something on the inside that will add to their beauty if they are able to communicate with all others not just those that they are interested in being with.

If the guy likes plain girls, I have no problem with that. It is just telling women that they don't have to be the best looking in the room to attract someones attention if they have a little bit of life about them.

Don't you notice that people who are too thin or too anything that society values are not all that happy deep down inside?