Mr_LFA

So wanting to get to the point, I'm in a LDR with a girl I met in Japan recently and ended up sleeping with a female friend over the weekend. I take responsibility for this and now I'm feeling terrible about it and my obvious lack of any self-control. I don't really know to do now and if I should tell her or not. She called tonight and I felt so horrible. I just wanted to share that maybe I'm jaded or something.

Why did you do it?

Not out to hound you, but if you don't know why you did it, you'll just do it again for sure. So no reason to put the girl through the ringer for nothing. If you don't know what you want, you'll put her through hell back n' forth for no good reason.

Take a minute and figure out why you did it. And honestly, if you want and can be in a relationship that is long distance with that girl. If you know in your heart it isn't working, better to just break it off and say nothing!

If you think you can do better with her and this was an isolated screw up that you clearly know why and know you won't do it again, then maybe tell her.

Jaded? why do you say that? Were you trying to beat her to the punch by cheating (thinking she would do it to you eventually anyways)?

Dude, yes you tell her. Call it off (not BU, but a cool off) and give yourself some time to think this out. Take ownership of what you did. Not saying you don't want to be with her, truth is maybe you miss having her or someone around.

I'm taking responsibility for what I did and I'm progressively feeling worse about it.

Why did you do it?

Not out to hound you, but if you don't know why you did it, you'll just do it again for sure. So no reason to put the girl through the ringer for nothing. If you don't know what you want, you'll put her through hell back n' forth for no good reason.

Take a minute and figure out why you did it. And honestly, if you want and can be in a relationship that is long distance with that girl. If you know in your heart it isn't working, better to just break it off and say nothing!

If you think you can do better with her and this was an isolated screw up that you clearly know why and know you won't do it again, then maybe tell her.

Jaded? why do you say that? Were you trying to beat her to the punch by cheating (thinking she would do it to you eventually anyways)?

Now that I actually think about it I guess I did it because I found out my friend is moving away to another city for a long time (possibly for good). Stupid reason I know and it shouldn't have happened.

I know I can do better with her and I wont do it again. Now I'm scared to tell her because I don't know what she'll say or do and I don't want to hurt her. I want to tell her and try and sort it out now but I don't know how to...

Maybe I'm jaded because I've felt I was cheated on in the past by other girls, but of course I could never prove anything. However, no I wasn't trying to beat her to anything because I know she wouldn't do something like that to me.

Archived