How did you bounce back from being cheated on or instantly replaced?

5 months later, my ego and pride are still bruised from the fact that my ex replaced me so fast. I think about it every day and it hurts so much. Everyone tells me that she was never on my level, treat her like she doesn't exist, and she's young and I'm better than her and her new bf is a nobody ect ect. But my self confidence is still kind of in the dumps. I have more going for me in my life than both of them, but it's hard for me to not think about how i took a major loss.

How did some of you bounce back from stuff like this? Did you find better? Did you make your ex sick in the future? It's just good to read some success stories.

5 months later, my ego and pride are still bruised from the fact that my ex replaced me so fast. I think about it every day and it hurts so much. Everyone tells me that she was never on my level, treat her like she doesn't exist, and she's young and I'm better than her and her new bf is a nobody ect ect. But my self confidence is still kind of in the dumps. I have more going for me in my life than both of them, but it's hard for me to not think about how i took a major loss.

How did some of you bounce back from stuff like this? Did you find better? Did you make your ex sick in the future? It's just good to read some success stories.

Dude. My ex fiancee left me after 6 years. Told me all sorts of hurtful stuff. Immediately started sleeping with other dudes. I could barely function it hurt so much. Took me a year and a half to get back in the game. That woman had me so gone it took me a year and a half. Then I dated this fine fine fine girl with long hair and she was just amazing. Had to cut her loose though cause she wanted to live in Augusta Georgia. F-that!. Then I met my current ex...OMG perfect 10. Seriously no lie. Loved life for 2.5 years with her before I just got the boot.

But every girl I've dated from the one before has been an upgrade and that's about to continue. Just upgrade man. Plenty PLENTY PLENTY of girls out there just waiting to do anything you tell em to.

Man, first of all take her off the pedestal. She screwed you over. Next find the baddest girl you can and just get it going. Finally don't worry about the new dude. He's a loser. Anyone that has to swoop up on a woman when she's in a relationship and having problems with her man will never be able to handle a real woman when she's thinking clearly. So they won't last.

You'll be good. Better than you were before. And you'll have a badder chick on your level too. Freedom man. That's the way to look at it. Find a just as hot girl who won't cheat on you.

"Waiting to do anything you tell them to"? Jeeze...

Anyways, you will get through it. Don't put a timestamp on your healing. I was doing that too, wondering when I'd finally be over it, then getting frustrated once that time came and it didn't happen.

I don't think there's really any true way of bouncing back unless it's game playing and using others. And anyone can see through that facade. Just keep working on you.

Healing from being cheated on and replaced is a hard puzzle to solve indeed. There are two things you're struggling with 1) Your best friend intentionally betraying you and 2) the feeling that love is a lie and fear that this crap will happen again if you get close to someone. So first, you have to realize that when somebody cheats it's on them. That's their fault. A person with integrity would not string a lover along until they found another opportunity to leap to. Secondly, there are no gaurantees that it won't happen again, but if you don't give other girls a chance, you'll end up lonely and isolated. That's a life sentence that you do not need to server just because some immature heartless cooch subjected you to her shortcomings.

Give yourself time to let those wounds heal. Rushing into another relationship could end up causing you more pain (if rejected). If you break a leg you have to wait for it to heal completely before you can go out on the field and give it your all again ;-)

How did you bounce back from being cheated on or instantly replaced?

You don't "bounce back", but rather ease in....

You allow time, self introspection and personal growth from the experience ease you back into the game.

Healing from betrayal adds an additional level of pain; your ego and self esteem take an extra kick to the balls, and your sense of self is rattled as you question everything from what you didnt offer her, to what she sees in him, what does he have I dont, etc, etc.

You have a good head on your shoulders, TopFive.....use it!

You need to realize that healing from this isn't a game or race; there is no prize for getting thru it or some imaginary "finish line" in the distance.

Give yourself a break...lighten up the load you are self imposing onto your conscience and heart....... you have SO MUCH going for you!!

Let the two cheaters have each other, let them live their lives , and don't be surprised when you hear about them crashing and burning somewhere down the road.

Please re-read all the replies here...some very wise and knowing members have given you some very sound advice.

keep your head straight, and your mind off the two of them, and you'll be just fine.

To answer your question TopFive, i don't know how to bounce back from something like that. I don't think you do. I think you just slowly heal.

I'm struggling to 'bounce back' from my ex cheating on me and leaving me for the woman he cheated with after 6 years so i understand how hard it is.

I just wanna concentrate on myself but i still cry, and i still think of him every day. It's one of the most difficult things i've ever had to experience. Keep doing what you're already doing, and it will just take us time.

Limiya

Archived