Just read it before you do anything to yourself.

Suicide is not the answer

Ask the 25-year-old who tried to electricute himself. He lived. But both his arms are gone.

What about jumping? Ask John. He used to be intelligent, with an engaging sense of humor. That was before he leapt from a building. Now, he's brain-damaged and will always need care. He staggers and has seizures. He lives in a fog. But, worst of all, he KNOWS he used to be normal.

What about pills? Ask the 12-year-old with extensive liver damage from an overdose. Have you ever seen anyone die of liver damage? You turn yellow. It's a hard way to go.

What about a gun? Ask the 24-year-old who shot himself in the head. Now he drags one leg, has a useless arm and has no vision or hearing on one side. He lived through his "foolproof" suicide. You might too.

But... Who will clean your blood off the carpet or scrape your brains from the ceiling? Commercial cleaning companies may refuse that job--but SOMEONE has to do it.

Who will have to cut you down from where you hung yourself or identify your bloated body after you've drowned? Your father? Your mother? Your wife? Your son?

The carefully worded "loving" suicide note is of no help. Those who loved you will NEVER completely recover. They'll feel regret and an unending pain.

Suicide is contagious. Look around your family. Look closely at the 4 year old playing with his cars on the rug. Kill yourself tonight, and he may do it ten years from now.

You DO have other choices. There are people who can help you through this crisis. Call a hotline. Call a friend. Call your minister or priest. Call a doctor or hospital. Call the police. They will tell you that there's hope. Maybe you'll find it in the mail tomorrow. Or in a phone call this weekend. But what you're seeking could be just a minute, a month, or a day away.

You say you don't want to be stopped? Still want to do it? -Well, then, I may see you in the psychiatric ward later. And we'll work with whatever you have left.

Remember: Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

This totally reminds me of what stopped me from killing myself after a couple of tries years ago.

After living through that, after finally walking out of it and can tell people what happened to me, there's always people who tell me that I wouldn't have killed myself anyways, since if I really want to die, nothing will stop me.

...the only thing both them and I miscalculated was how little I valued myself. I actually cared about the people who abused me more than myself.

"Don't die or they will feel guilty."

I wish all that never happened, more happy that I actually survived it. Life isn't great, but it's not bad.

I also have a wonderful bf right now. I'm happy... most of the time.

Same here. When I was 12, I was raped and in the 2 and a half weeks between the time I was raped and I found out I was pregnant, I tried committing suicide 14 times. Thank God I survived each attempt. When I lost my baby, I tried 3 more times, and I survived again. After awhile, I turned to cutting to relieve the pain, and I know most people don't believe in self-mutilation, I think it is better for me to cut than try to commit suicide because I don't hurt the people around me.

Same here. When I was 12, I was raped and in the 2 and a half weeks between the time I was raped and I found out I was pregnant, I tried committing suicide 14 times. Thank God I survived each attempt. When I lost my baby, I tried 3 more times, and I survived again. After awhile, I turned to cutting to relieve the pain, and I know most people don't believe in self-mutilation, I think it is better for me to cut than try to commit suicide because I don't hurt the people around me.

Sorry to hear about all of that but im sure your post will help many suicidal ppl especiallya DragonSlayerX i hope