QUICK QUESTION: Going to a Movie

My boyfriend is 17 (almost eighteen) and I'm 15 (almost 15 and a half) and he wants to take me to a rated R movie. (That I also want to see).

Do any of you happen to know the rules? I mean, he's 17, so he's allowed to see the movie, is he allowed to be my accompanying "adult", and do you think we'll have any problems getting tickets? If we do, we'll just go to Shark Tale, but I would like to know if anyone knows what the official rules are for this type of situation.

If, hypothetically, I went with my parents, I'd be allowed to go, right? (That isn't an option, I'm just trying to clarify the rules.)

Thanks!

Well, I know that technically both people have to be 17 or older. I don't know the age you have to be to be able to bring someone younger than 17 into an R rated movie, however your parents would be able to. I think you have to be with someone like 21 or older. I don't know for sure though.

If I was to go to a movie and bring someone under 17, I would just pay for both tickets. Around here, they only check the id of the person buying the tickets, they don't really worry about the other person, unless of course its like a 7 year old. Obviously they will be able to tell just by looking that they aren't old enough to get in. I don't know how strict they are at the theaters around you.

You could always try getting into the R rated one, and they find out you are not old enough, then just go see the other one. I think if you have your boyfriend ask for the tickets, and you look like you could be old enough, then you probably will be fine.

I think different movie theaters have different rules. Some are strict and ask to see everyone's IDs. Some aren't so strict and won't even ask to see an ID. So it kind of depends. You could always call your theater and ask what the rules are.