i need some help

hi im new on this site, but i think it is great how everyone helps everyone out. i just hope some can help me as well.......ill give u a short summary of what happened between my ex and i.......

We dated for about a year and it was a good relationshp. Yes we had out arguments but they were like anyother normal relationship. then one day he said "i dont know what i want, and im not ready for a long term relationship." i was heart broken. And i know he didnt leave me for another girl. Today is actually a month we have been apart and i have not spoken to him since the 6th because i havent answer his call or textes, becuase i was tryin to do no contact.

Well, hes back home now to visit his family for about two weeks (which is very far) and i figure that would be the best thing. being away from everything he could maybe start to think about things. About two days into him being away he texts me "so is this how its gonna be" i didnt reply till the next day cause i wanted to play cool...i said "no i just needed time thats all" and he says "ye ok" i was kinda mad how he wasnt nice about it and didnt even spell out the whole word "yeah". and i said "well u dont have to be mean about it" and i havnt heard from im since and that was about last monday.

Im thinking that maybe me not talking to him is bothering him. Beucas i look at it this way, if he didnt care he wouldnt call or text. If he wasnt tryin to be mean he would of text back saying he didnt mean to come off mean. And by now he would of said something, atleast a hi. My friend and i think maybe hes tryin to get himself together, like hes confused. does anyone have any insite on this.

I do miss him very much, ive tried tryin to talk to new people (cause my friends are forcin me to get back out there but i cant yet becaseu there is still so much hope for him. Can anyone give me their opinion on this?? Thank you very much

I think the two of you need to talk about what's really going on. It's obvious that he got away scott free without giving you an explanation for your break-up. And if it wasn't about another chick, then trust me, he has an underline problem that he thinks is too emotional to share with you. I have a friend who dated a girl with a three year old and wanted out after 6 years. Obviously the child was three when they started dating and after 6 years of being there for his lady, he wanted out with no explanation. I don't need to tell you that there was a bigger problem than just bickering here and there, but the truth is, something's are just too difficult to say. It sounds to me that your boyfriend convinced himself that what ever your flaws are, they were too much for him to bare, and that decision is killing him to this day. Ask him to be honest with you and get to the heart of what caused the break-up. Maybe it's something you too can work on, if not, move on.

Thanks for the reply......i do want to talk to him, because if he in no way wants to try and get back together i wish i would just know and then i could move on. I dont wantt to ask him to talk becasuse i like to consider the ball in his court. He needs to decide what to do next, and i dont want to bring it up to seem like im still all caught up in the whole thing.

Do you think its best to just let him make the next move?? He does know that i am not going to call him because when we first broke up i told him that i wasnt going to call him, if he wanted to talk he should call me. And ive stuck to that.

It drives me nuts, because i have no idea what he is thinking, im sure lots of us have that question though!