Just after some opinions on my situation.

Blondie176

Hi everyone.

I have met someone who i like and i am pretty sure he likes me too, nothing physical has happened between us yet, its still at the talking/flirty/banter/getting to know you stage.

Anyway heres my problem.. he is an old friend of my ex husbands, someone he knew many many years ago, over 20 years ago. Not best friends but they all hung out in the same group as teens-young adults. Myself and ex husband have been finished for ages but we remain friends, co-parent our kids and get on pretty well these days. Im wondering if dating one of friends from the past is a no no?

Now if they were good mates then i wouldnt even be asking this question, i know that would be wrong, but a friend that he hasnt seen in forever, someone that wasnt a best friend, just hung out in the same circles yonks ago.... would that make it a no no too?

Thanks for any replies. x

I don't see a problem myself given all that you said ...

could you run it past your ex hubby if it makes you feel better to get his blessing

I could run it past him, if i ever pluck up the courage lol.. I just dont want to upset the whole family all over again, i have a feeling ex will not like this one bit. Thanks for the reply SS x

Why would he care? He and this guy haven't been in contact for some time and you said you get along amicably enough with your ex, right?

Yeh we get on great,which is fab for our kids, which is why i dont want to upset everyone Will he care if i date an old mate.. i dont know, guess thats why i am asking what others think lol . x

Even if your ex did care, would you let that stop you? I don't think an ex's opinion, justified or not, should be considered when you're considering who to date.

In theory i agree, in reality we have kids, kids that have been through a messy break up and are now settled with the way things are... so with my kids in mind, yes my ex's reaction matters to me. x

Archived