being fixed up

surething

I was talking with a friend of mine about girls in general. I jokingly told her to find me someone. She knows i want to date someone. Then she brought up her best friend and said "ooh you could date her!" and described her to me, wanting to know if i liked that type of girl. She's supposedly really good looking and everything. I casually implied i was interested.

I usually don't have much luck with girls, so i wasn't really expecting this and i didn't know what to say. It wasn't official or anything. We talked about it for a couple of minutes but then the subject changed and i couldn't bring it up again. Now I wish i did. I hope she didn't get the impression i wasn't interested.

I know this is a dumb thing to ask for advice on, but how do i ask my friend to set us up? I don't want it to sound weird or obvious, do you know what i mean? I'm finding it hard for some reason. I don't want to sound desperate or anything, even though we're good friends and she knows me well. Basically i don't want to mess up or sound like an idiot, and i don't want to blow my chance. We talked about this two days ago. So would it be too soon to call her and bring it up? How do i go about this? I've never been set up before. Thanks a lot!

You casually implied that you were interested, I'm sort of confused by what you mean here?

How do you casually imply something, either you DO, or you DON'T right?

Listen i'm not trying to knock you around here, i'm just giving you the heads up, and what i would do in this sort of situation, It's proven that women (girls) young ladies, whatever...they like a man with CONFIDIENCE, and from your post i get the feeling your "casually implying" you lack it...?

It's nothing your Born with, thats for sure, But it's always something you can continue to build while your still young, I'm assuming you are..?

My confidence level is at about a 8 out of 10...10 being best 'coughs' *sometimes* any ways..what I'm trying to painfully get at is, i think if you go up to this girl introduce yourself like a guy with a 10 out of 10 level of confidence would, your going to land much more of a First impression as opposed to if you have your Friend, who knows this girl, Tell her...About you.

Just a suggestion.

how I (myself) would go about this.

I would meet this girl in person, with or without your friend, and when you see her say

"so your the one iv 'e heard so many wonderful things about"

if she blushes say

"Don't blush you look even cuter than what you already are"

If she is still blushing say

"Ok, please someone tell me I'm dreaming, but don't wake me up"

After line 3 comes your introduction goes like this...

Simple line is "hi my name is ___" (place your hand on your chest)

Ask her what her name is, when she tells you say

"Well that name matches your amazing smile you acquire"

Catch my drift? Your the one in charge of the conversation from the start, you stay on top of it...think of some more things to add in, I'm sure you have plenty of ideas just floating around in your mind to play with.

Sorry for not explaining what i meant by "casually implied." When she said i could date her friend, i wasn't like "Oh my god! Alright! Please set us up! I really want you to!" I was more laid back because i really didn't expect it. Bare with me, like i said, i've never been in that situation before. I told her she sounds hot and sounded interested, i forget exactly what i said. She basically described her friend and asked if i liked that type of girl. I said i do. Then after a while, the topic changed and i couldn't do anything.

Thanks for all the pointers. But i'm not at the point of meeting her yet. If i get that far, then i'll worry about it. I'm still trying to bring it up to my friend, and hopefully she'll set us up. Do girls really like it when guys say those things? I have no problem with confidence, i'm just a little nervous sometimes because i haven't gone out with that many girls. I always try to act confidently. In this situation i don't have a reason to be nervous, do i?