Feeling affects of breakup ruined me

vagabondme

This year I went through 2 different short lived relationships, while still getting over long term heartache from a previous breakup. All this to say, for the past few months i've been boyfriend free (not necessarily by choice), and just completely focused on career and family. In the back of my head, i'm still not over the hurt i've felt from my past breakups, especially the long time one where I found out I was cheated on, but regardless i've just had to keep moving forward.

Last week I started a new job, in a new place, and it was nice to be surrounded by things that were entirely new, with no memories linked. Anyways, one of my co-workers there decided to go on lunch with me last week. It was a great time, we talked about all different sorts of things, our likes, dislikes, our similar interests..it was awesome. As I was walking back to work with him, it hit me...here is this absolutely gorgeous guy, with similar interests...and I feel absolutely nothing, in fact, I feel numb. As we were walking, he then began to tell me about how he recently ended things with his ex, and she left town or whatever, and he kept talking about how single he was and ready for a new start. I sort of just nodded and quickly changed the subject.

It just hit me...in your late 20's, either everyone is taken in something serious,so focused on career that they don't care or they are jaded from past mistakes/heartbreaks. It doesn't matter if you are gorgeous, handsome, all around amazing...it's just these meaningless categories.

I dunno, I was just really upset that I felt nothing. I felt like...what's the point of trying anymore....

Im going through the exact same thing right now. I've been so jaded by past relationships that it makes me want nothing to do with another relationship ever again. I just recently found out I was cheated on and it is such a terrible feeling. This guy was practically living a double life. It makes me sick that there are people out there like that and it makes me feel like I never want to risk feeling like this again.

ok my analogy's suck but have you ever had a really bad stomach bug where you can't even keep fluids down, you're lying there feeling like you're never going to eat again, never going to get your appetite back as you feel so ill ? But you do, it takes time but little bit by little bit you're back to your old self again.

Break ups take a lot out of you, you feel you're never gonna love again, trust again, etc. Through time these feelings will fade. Just let yourself move forward in your own time at your own pace. One day you'll meet someone & you will feel that special something again. Just give it time.

Archived