anyone here ever worked for a friend but it isnt working out?

ChellyV

I have started to work for a friend over a month ago. It required a move to a different city. No subsidy on the move, but that is kind of OK. Lately I guess he has been dissatisfied with my work, or perhaps had too high expectations, that perhaps I can't meet. Never talked to him about it, and I never did ask. But he acts indifferent to my needs in terms of training and other area to improve my knowledge.in general the job isn't something I can see myself doing long term.

Add to the fact that the loneliness in being in a new city is unbearable.

I don't think it is working out.

I am inclined to go back to my hometown, though I really don't want him feeling am just abandoning. How should I approach this without having to burn bridges?

If it's only been a month, you may want to give it a bit more time. Can you talk to your friend candidly? I would consider asking the friend how he thinks I am doing. Tell him you value the job but most importantly the friendship. The maybe he will give you some tips OR maybe he will say it's not working out. Then you can say "Okay, I value our friendhsip too much so I will resign." Something like that.

Archived