Short people have higher heart risk

iwishiknew

Being short is just as often a result of poor nutrition (which can lead to poor heart health) as it is genetics. There are always a lot of confounding variables when they do studies of health related to height.

So don't worry--you're not doomed to a heart attack just because you're short

Probably in the first world countries being short is more due to genetics than poor diet and lack of food. I would not say being short dooms anyone to heart issues though all on it's own. I would worry more about having good nutrition and exercise, limit drinking, don't smoke and get regular health checks ups and know your family heart history.

I thought taller people had a higher risk for heart disease because the heart has to work harder to pump blood... Shorter people also tend to have lower blood pressures (like me so I'm always craving salt) so that would further decrease the risk of heart disease for short people. And, what the heck do older people have to do with this? Everyone becomes shorter as they get older and eventually dies (dah), so you can't base that in the study. Idk, I think this article is off on its statistics....

I'm sure there are health risks to being tall also. Seriously, you need to stop looking for things that make you feel more victimized.

Yea I was gonna say, you could probably find similar finding with tall people. I've heard tall people are at a greater risk of skin cancer.

Archived