Will I ever feel it again?

Hi,

It's been a while since my last post. I broke up with my ex a few months ago, and while I believe that everything happens for a reason...Sometimes I still wonder if I screwed up or if he is still the one. I read this quote, "That thing, that moment, when you kiss someone and everything around becomes hazy and the only thing in focus is you and this person and you realize that that person is the only person that you're supposed to kiss for the rest of your life, and for one moment you get this amazing gift and you want to laugh and you want to cry because you feel so lucky that you found it and so scared that that it will go away all at the same time."

I think that I'm a pretty rational person, so I don't think that my wondering if my exboyfriend is the one is because he was my first boyfriend. Everything in that quote is how I felt...how I feel. I feel like he really was the one even despite all our fights. He doesn't call or want any contact (his friends told me,) but at the same time, I feel like I should fight for him. I've always thought that you fight for things that really matter. I'm giving him his time, but the thought still lingers. Any help?

(I also wanted to thank you for all those who helped me, and sorry to those that I haven't helped during my time of realization.)

If he is your first serious boyfriend, then I would suspect that fact has at least something to do with the way you're feeling. When my very first gf dumped me, I felt like I had lost the absolute perfect girl and that I would never again find one that perfect. When I met my next gf, I realized how far from perfectly matched my previous ex was. Now that my second gf has dumped me, I feel the same way ... this second gf was definitely the most perfect girl for me, I'll never find another ....... but, based on what happened with my first gf, I'm able to rationalize that the second one is actually NOT necessarily "the one" and that there's a good chance I'll find someone better. It's hard to convince my emotional side that that's true, so for now my rational side has to sit and wait for the day when it can tell my emotional side "I told you so."

Read through some of the NC posts here, you'll see why I think that perhaps it's not best for you to "fight" to get your bf back. It may end up pushing him away even more, especially if he's set on his NC.

At the very least, read the post in my sig, it helped me a lot.

Good luck,

LP