Fiance (Female) getting prewedding jitters - How to handle it?!?

Usually its the other way around I am sure the male gets the jitters the female freaks out - but this time around its about 2 months if that prior to the wedding and while i am nervous (more so now that she is) she really has been withdrawn since it came up -

Trying to make this short but there are alot of things on the table that add to the normal feelings here (careers not totally stable yet, she moving to another part of the state for me, living together prior to wedding, etc. ) I understand all these things can be frightening but what i am starting to get nervous about and almost obsess about it how she feels and whether she will want to go through with it -

I find myself (yesterday) acting differently with her to try and make her feel more loved (giving more attention than normal, planning a small trip to get away etc. ) and while all good things i get a feeling of withdrawal from her even though she she acts the same with me which is driving me nuts

I also have gotten some choice comments that add to my concern, (all the normal feelings of being scared, and what the future may hold) but also the im not used to you giving me so much attention, you've been kinda ontop of me all day, its weird, or the things have gotten stagnate maybe thats why i dont feel close (referring to all the planning, and not spending quality time as much as we could be)

I am probably making this seem worse than it is, and its not like she is walking out the door or saying im done etc. but its that like weirdness that only one could feel during that time prior to a wedding ...those who've been there can understand its a time of uncertainty randomly and it hits either you or your partner and its hard to just get over - yes we have talked about these feelings, and come to an understanding that it maybe normal and that we are worried about the future (the economy is very tough on people these days) and also have some concerns about the divorce rate but i think its to much worry and that we should be having fun -

I feel alittle lost in how to deal with this, like its almost my fault but at the same time i feel mad because i feel she should be expressing some happiness towards me (like more affection bc we are almost married)

Also of articles out there express that last month a partner may go through all this, even withdraw from sex etc. i get that, i just feel very confused as to how to handle it - do i continue on acting the way i do, try harder in hopes she responds, let it go and see what happens, talk to her about it all the time ...

And as a note its not like we are arguiung or not spending time together those things are in tact - just the feeling in the air, the attitude to some degree on her part, the withdrawal alittle bit here and there - i can sense something is just not right and neither of us have had our bachelor or bachorlette parties so its not about cheating etc ..

Archived