the other night i was doin a project for school and my dad told me that i was goin to fail and end up in my brother's class.Then last night we were talkin about sumthing and my dad said it again i was so mad.i was almost crying.Its like him callin me stupid and i said that to him and he said he never called me stupid.i hate it.it reminds me of a song "if nobody believed in you"and in the song it says that if nobody believed you'd probably give up. but i wouldn't and i m not i m gonna show my father that i can pass grade 9 and stay a year infront of my brother.Just because he doesn't believe in me i believe in me and i m gonna study hard and i m gonna do good in school and show him what i can do. but how would u guys feel if ur dad said this to you???

thats horrible. i dont mean it badly, but what kind of a dad is he!?! if that happened to me, im not sure how i would react, obviously i'll be upset and annoyed though! you need to talk to him about it, if you cant or if he doesn't listen then just go ahead and prove him wrong.

good luck.

It is abusive, and he is lying about what he said so he is adding insult to injury. It is just compounding the pain.

He is saying this because he feels like a failure and he probably wants you to respect the brother more than yourself which is putting you into a state of confusion about who you should listen to, the 'father' figure, who is acting like a child, or your own internal sense of right or wrong.

If anything bad ever happens to you, the way to handle it is to say "remember the day that you told me that I would fail and then later you said that you never said that?" I guarantee that he will say yes, that he remembers, because bullies tell so many lies that they can't really remember what they said...

Tell him that those words that you said caused me to not believe in myself.

Wow the exact same thing happened to me with my dad just a couple of weeks ago.....It hurts to hear your dad say things like that, but hes probably saying that because hes worried about you....He's just afraid that you wont succeed and that you wont try hard unless he gives you a reasong to. It may not have been the nicest thing to say at the time, but hes only human and hes prob. just concerned about your grades and wants you to do better in school.....

Sorry troublegal, i dont agree, my dad is like this too, he isn't saying it to scare me into working harder, any dad saying these things would make a child feel stupid and insignificant, even if they're clearly the next Einstein.

No father should ever be allowed to treat there child like this, you've got to prove him wrong, regardless of what he is saying, as long as you believe in yourself, you can make it.

Good luck, hope your dad stops treating you this way