After 3 years, we're meeting July 16th!

Nidania

• 2 weeks later...

So the visit went perfectly He arrived on the 16th, and I was shaking when I finally saw him emerge from the terminal. We hugged for a long, long time, then we drove back to my house (a 3 hour drive, thank you rural Canada). We talked all the way, and it was so comfortable, so natural.

At home, he met my kids in person for the first time, and they were all so excited! It was actually very cute We spent the rest of the evening chatting, and helping him settle in.

My parents came a few days later for a visit, and they totally loved him. I mean, REALLY loved him. My parents took the kids back with them for the kids' holiday with Grandma and Grandpa, leaving me and my boyfriend alone for an entire week! YAY! That week was amazing. We went on lots of walks, watched films together, sat on the patio and just talked for ages, snuggled up together, stayed in bed till 2pm on my days off..... it was glorious.

After about 4 days of being here, my boyfrined looked at me and said "I can't explain it... but it feels like I have always been here, that we've been doing this for years." I totally agreed. I was hoping we would get on just as well in person as online, but I never dreamed we would mesh so perfectly together. He was exactly the same person in real life as he was online. Personality, mannerisms... then little quirks he told me he has are there in real life... he is just as thoughtful and sentimental as ever... The words are hard to find, really. I was thrilled to pieces to finally have him here, and to find out once and for all that we truly are meant to be together. Never in my life have I blended so seamlessly with another person. We view life the same way, which is so rare it's scary.

The day he left was dreadful. We were both teary-eyed, although he held it together much better than I did. We have spent the past few days readjusting to our online life together, only this time when we tell each other we're giving the other a cuddle or a kiss, we know exactly what it feels like. We have the next 3 visits already planned out, and we spent some time talking about the long term plan as well. We're both committed to the long haul, and we both agree and accept that long distance is just how it needs to be right now. I have kids that need me here, he has his father who is unwell who needs him there. It is what it is, and we are both so grateful to have somehow, by sheer chance, found one another at all.

Archived