Asking out an old flame

anon_a_mouse

I'm thinking of asking out an old flame...(we had a long history as friends and then become more - albeit only briefly) .. it's someone whom I haven't seen for quite a few years though. I'm almost certain they are single currently.

I'm just wondering how to word a message to her-- asking if she would be interested in meeting up to go out.. I'm thinking a plain: "Would you fancy meeting up for a drink sometime?"! though I'd have to make it clear it's of a romantic intent!

"Hey, haven't seen you for a long time! Want to meet for a drink this weekend and catch up?"

Keep it casual. You don't want any pressure here. You may meet up with her and not feel anything, you know? This way, if you meet up and you feel some sparks, it's a pleasant surprise because no one had any agendas.

Yes I agree with this. Worked fine in my case - now sharing breakfast with an adorable 3 year old because my old flame (aka "daddy" to said 3-year old) called me 7 years ago (almost to the day from what I remember) to ask if I wanted to meet for a friendly catch up dinner. Only difference was that that is really what he intended (and me). You never know.......

Archived