I am such an aunt in denial

My niece and nephew are getting older by the second and i'm having a hard time with it. LOL I sound like such a parent, but they are my babies. My nephew is going to be in middle school next year (the one that his mom and I went to, no less) and I just can't believe it. And my niece is gonna be in kindergarten. Every time I see them they are like little adults, especially my nephew, he just turned 11 but he doesn't even talk like a kid. I just don't want them to grow up When I hear they are doing stuff that isn't so kid like I just lose it, because they are babies in my eyes. How do you parents do it?? I cant imagine how crazy I am going to go when I have my own kids and they start growing out of the kids stage and start becoming a real person and not so innocent.

You just enjoy each stage as it comes and marvel in the adult you see them turning into.

my daughter still plays with her dolls ..barbie size dolls but they are vampires ( or something) ..I know this is probably running

it's course now becaue at 13 she is embarassed , I hide the dolls if anyone comes round because it is a private thing hahaha

I marvel at the young lady she is becoming and the thoughts she has and the ideas she runs past me , it just gets more

fullfilling ...

then on occasions , I look over at her and realise it is but a few years and she could be moving on on her own ...now that is enough

to reduce me to a blubbering wreck ..but at the same time she will be encouraged by me to spread her wings and see this

world ..just like I did ...

It is sad in a way, because you want them to be small forever. You know they can't though. People always think that it is EONS that a child is small so they think they have loads of time. The time a human spends as a small person is a very very limited time period so make the very most of it. My son now has a moustache and he is taller than his dad and he is 14. It will be a few short years and he will be gone.

It is sad in a way, because you want them to be small forever. You know they can't though. People always think that it is EONS that a child is small so they think they have loads of time. The time a human spends as a small person is a very very limited time period so make the very most of it. My son now has a moustache and he is taller than his dad and he is 14. It will be a few short years and he will be gone.

ahh vic ... how dare he get a moustache , who the hell does he think he is haha ... same here ..emily is bigger than me in height and body ... I just keep getting kittens ...haha not really viable advice

Thank you, shooting star. It kills me that I dont live in the same state as them, but I love them just as my own. And every time they see me they get SO excited. It warms my aunty heart. In fact, the last time I saw them, my sweet little niece wrote on a little piece of paper that she loves me, over and over. *heaven*

And yes, I do want them to stay small forever LOL.

Archived