What type of flowers for a 1 week anniversary?

Fantanos

I have been dating this girl for 5 weeks and one week ago we decided to be official, boyfriend and girlfriend. I really like her and she is really into me.

Today is 1 week since we "committed" and I know a week is minor but I wanted to do something for her to show I care and remembered. She mentioned guys never getting her flowers in the past so I would like to get her flowers but I don't want to go overboard. Any suggestions on a type of flower for a girl you really care about but has only been a week? Cost isn't an issue but I also don't have to have a huge bouquet and embarrass myself lol. I guess I was looking for what type of flower or flowers?

The last time I bought flowers was a first date and on Valentines Day this year (not her). I asked the florist for something that was nice for a first date and $25, I tried to keep cost down to keep it small not because I am cheap. Well anyways I ended up with a huge bouquet and I kind of felt embarrassed.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

I think its a nice gesture but too soon at this point. If you do this after a week imagine what you would be buying her after a year, a new car, or diamond jewellery. If you will get her flowers then i would say one rose. Bouquets is too much for 1 week.

I don't think you should get her anything. A gift at this point would be kind of overboard.

I do agree with you. However over 5 weeks I have never done this for her... I didn't think it would be too soon if I kept it small. To some people it could be, to her I really don't think.

1 week? Any flower will do. Get some flowers from the neighbors yard or a cemetery.

So buying a simple little flower is not right? Girls don't like to get flowers anymore? I wasn't talking a dozen roses but a few carnations or something small. I am funny about buying from a grocery store or similar... that is always cheesy to me for some reason.

Yeah man...not a good move. Also, no flowers ever for a first date.

I do agree on this as well. I only did it because it was a girl I had know for a few months, we had hung out on many occasions before as friends and with groups. She didn't have a date on Valentines Day and either did I so it was a friend type deal... not something I was worried about on that one.

One flower sounds nice, I will think about that.

well I think its a lovely idea

to much would be overkill , so one flower would be great ...or a little plant to grow as you two grow together ( see how sloppy am I ?)

flower wise ..myself I would love just one tulip with a little ribbon tied round the stalk

At first I was going to say don't do it, but really thought about it and if my boyfriend did something like that for me I'd think it very sweet. we've been dating for 4 months, so only a little bit longer than you guys. I really like peacepipe's idea of getting something you guys could grow together... Adorable! haha. Must be the gardener in me....

but getting her something "just because" is also fantastic.

Hmm... now I wish my boyfriend was this romantic LOL!

Thanks for the tips everyone, I like those ideas!

I agree it can be too fast but I also think it depends on the relationship, I feel she would really like it.

Plans changed today and I need to pick her up before I can get her one. So I am going to do one flower randomly some other time like suggested. Thanks again

Archived