I have ruined my life

Hi all,

Well i have just spent the last 8months repeating my final high school year after getting enough points for law last year, but I want to more than anything in this world is to study medicine. My parents spent €7000 on a private school for the year and i blew my chance. I got my HPat test score back its a stupid irish appitute (spelled wrong i know) test back and did real bad in it because i am mildly dislexic.

All i want to do is make a super income and become a millionaire. Horses are my love and want to build a state of the art equestrain center in the future and retire by forty.

I have F***ed up my life and theres nothing worth living for my exams in june are going to go crap. I cant live a normal life I cant stand the idea of a 9-5 job basic average salary and minding the pennies I want to have businesses but how can i set them up if i dont have a decent job were i can save vast amounts of money in order to fund them?

I am so lost in life and prayed to god st.josphef and st.jude for help and guidence to no avail. I cant live the mundane life i just cant i have always been told by my mam to aspire to be the best work for myself and i the fool listened to her and have such high hopes that cant be relised and now suicide seems to be the best option i have nothing to live for my life ended 4 years ago when my best friend commited suicide the annerversry was the 20 may. I am so alone and no one understands me . I know exactly how my bestfriend felt alone depressed worthless useless stupid thick life would be better for everyone without me i know it would i wouldnt have this emense pain of failure i am a complete and utter failure who disappoints people. I cant do this anymore i think my life is over if only i was brave enough to end it all but im not so im stuck in this worthless life till god calls me home.

Someone

Please help me and give me guidence i need help so bad i just dont know wat to do anymore.

While there is nothing wrong with aspiring to be the best you can be and wanting to succeed - you do realize that becoming a millionaire isn't an easy goal. If it were then everybody would be one and nobody would be struggling to pay their bills and make ends meet. In reality the vast majority of people struggle for a long time to really make it.

Wanting to be your own boss, start a business, and not work a regular 9-5 job is just fine. You just need to accept that you will sometimes fail and will need to try again. Some business ideas will not work out. Or you may struggle to barely survive until eventually things take off. You need patience, drive, ambition, and the willingness to keep trying even if it's very hard.

Your goals seem to be a bit all over the place. Law, medicine, and equestrian center don't really seem to go together. That along with retiring at 40 doesn't seem like you are being realistic. So you are now frustrated.

How about focusing in on one area and making a plan to go forward with it. Pick something and work the plan to make it happen - whatever that may be. Go one step at a time and take each day as it comes. Eventually that will lead you in ways you probably can't imagine right now.

Hey avman i like ur pic of the horse btw. I dont want to do law my parents want me to because its prestigus enough for them. This whole thing started when i did transition year and i went to a equestrian centre called caven for a show and fell in love with the place i want to build and own somewhere like that when i have the fianace for it. So after the show i come home and google 10 top paying jobs and medicine is the only one i would like to do after researching i thought helping ill people would be a really rewarding job that is prestigious. I have always had little businesses going throughout my teens and i am starting on 3 new ones which are inter linked over the summer. When i mean retire by 40 i dont want to quit work i want my assets to make enough of a return each month to allow me to live comfterably and run my eq centre or continue on with medicine. I want freedom of fianical diffculties for me and my family. I know im only 19 and have years to achieve my goals. Its just frustrating that no one understamds me. Im bright extremly bright but i need to find a mentor to guide me.

Ok how about becoming a vet? One that specializes in large animals like horses & cattle? Then you get both medicine and working with animals. It's certainly not 9-5 in an office.

I'm not saying this will make you a millionaire but start at the beginning and work your way up. I think it would be a huge mistake to choose a career solely based on money. You should choose something you are passionate about.

As far as mentors go, check into your local community and see if they have a mentoring program. Sometimes you can find these within the local business community, or small business administration office, chamber of commerce, or through schools. They can hook you up with a mentor in the career area you are interested in.

Ya i have had horses for years started horse riding at 4 i was an only child so i was super lucky for the opportunities spent every day at the yard took days off school to go hunting (drag) showjumping crosscountry everything. But even if i didnt become a millionaire or get my own equestrian centre i dont want a normal job because i would never be able to keep my three horses and do everything i do with them i am blessed to have such great parents who understand my passion for animals i suppose its because im an only child i have such a close bond to my pets as they are the closet things to siblings. But come

Hell or high water i have to reach these goals otherwise im a failure and i dont like failing and i dont like quitters. Life is black and white for me all

Or nothing thats it failure isnt a option and if it becomes one i will just commit suicide as the shame and pain of failing will be too great to handle

i have to reach these goals otherwise im a failure and i dont like failing and i dont like quitters. Life is black and white for me all

Or nothing thats it failure isnt a option and if it becomes one i will just commit suicide as the shame and pain of failing will be too great to handle

Wow. You are putting a LOT of pressure on yourself. I doubt that any human could accomplish ALL the goals you have set in the timeframe you are giving yourself. I think you need to calm down, and be realistic. Focus on one thing for now, and put the rest of your goals on the backburner, without a time limit.

Something to think about: money is a symbol for exchange of work among people. By saying you want to be a millionaire, you're saying you want people to work hard for you to provide you with a certain kind of life. So the question becomes what exactly are you going to give back to people, or humanity as a whole, so that you deserve all of this work you want from them?

The source of happiness is using what you've been given to help others. Everything else ends up empty in the end. That's why there are a lot of smiles on people accross the world who don't have a lot of money, and why rich people still off themselves or die shameful indulgent deaths.

Figure out what you *can* do with the doors that are open to you now. Go do that and if you do it well, something else will open.

Archived