Over the past 3 or so weeks, we've passed each other on the road or have sat in opposite directions of traffic with our cars facing each other while at red lights. neither of us are stalking each other. We just live in a small town, and this always happens on the main street, away from our homes/jobs. I know he's seen me because he used to spot friends cars a mile away. And two times, we've been very close to each other - eye contact close, while I turn in front of him and he is parked at a light. I always recognize his custom plates. And when I see those plates, I can't bring myself to look at him or inside of his car. Once I see that it's his car, I look away

I'm trying to figure out why I can't look at him. Part of me thinks that I'm scared of seeing another woman with him. But I also think I'm still upset over how I feel he used me and was completely reckless with my emotions for the duration of our relationship. That maybe I despise him so much that I just can't look at him.

But I can't help but wonder, is my sub conscience still feeling guilty for being mean to him during the BU and saying things that I knew would hurt him. Therefore, I can;t face him???

Speaking personally, I often ignore my STBX just because I refuse allow her to think I'm looking at her. I just don't want her to think that I am thinking anything at all about her, like she isn't even there I guess. Strange, and worthless really, but it's just what I sometimes do. IDK the circumstance of your BU, but my wife cheated on me, I tried to make things work, but now we are done. So, IDK why you can't look at him. If not looking at him bothers your, and it seems to, then try it, give him a wave next time. What do you have to lose?

Archived