helppp, this is about boys and the telephone

turbolover77

Okay, so I have been with this boy for a week. I really like him and I hope the best for our new relationship. However, when he calls me..he calls at like late at night and doesn't stay on the phone for long. Does that mean anything? because i feel like i always want to talk to him and if he liked me he would too. BUT we are hanging out alot and hes always wanting me to stay, being very sweet and just treating me right.

Can someone help me with this? Do boys even like the phone? He says he hates it.

My boyfriend hates the phone. I'm not a big fan of talking on the phone either, sometimes I would rather just talk to the other person in person.

I think the reason he doesn't talk for long is because he hates the phone. I don't think it has anything to do with his feelings for you. You should feel lucky that he even calls, even though he hates the phone.

If you see each other a lot, then maybe he also doesn't really see the point in talking for a long time on the phone. You could just talk when you are together.

Don't worry too much about it. He hates the phone, a lot of people do. As long as he shows that he really likes you when you are together, then thats what matters.

He calls you late at night. He tries to persuade you to stay with him. It sounds like he might be more interested in hooking up with you, rather than having an actual relationship.

Guys who are interested in us, I mean really interested in us on a romantic (not just sexual) level, do not just call us late at night. And they make plans with us in advance.

Only been one week. Chill, relax, and enjoy the relationship. Not alot of people like talking on the phone because they prefer talking in person instead. For me, it doesn't matter. I like talking on the phone and talking in person...I just talk alot lol. People do get tired after work, so you must support him when he calls it off early to go to sleep! Don't get mad at him!

I'm not really a big conversation person myself, I would rather prefer talking in person with a girl one on one, reason being you get a better understanding of what the person is telling you, as opposed to being on the phone, things may sounds pre-fabricated, like a script of a book, and that sometimes leads to both sides talking like robots,

"HI" -

-"Hey"

"Whats Sup" -

"Nothing Much"

Kinda thing.

Seeing each other in person is important, if not Crucial in a relationship, I believe that he wants to continue to build with you in the relationship you two already have, He just isn't the Phone type guy, and I'm the same way. so i can relate to why he is so reluctant in commencing prolonged conversations *via* phone.

My advice to you is to let the worries go by, don't dwell on why he only has a short time to talk, it's not that serious babe. think of it like this, At least he does call you, there are some girls who don't even get that From there man.

Having a phone conversation can be very hard for some people outside or about 30 mins. If nothing has happened that day, then what do you talk about???

Also a lot of guys just don't like talking on the phone. Personally, I love talking but if I have nothing to talk about, I just want to go cause it feels really awkward and I feel like a retard sitting there saying nothing. It's OK when you are actually together because you are doing stuff and if you are talking face to face, if you run out of things to say, its easy to just sit and cuddle up with each other.....you cant do that over the phone.

Basically, I think you're overthinking the whole thing, relax, have fun and enjoy it, cause thats what a relationship is supposed to be.

Thanks to everyone who responded back. Well, we had an interesting conversation where I told him how I feel like he isn't that interested because he doesn't call. He told me that its not like that and that since he hasnt had a girlfriend in almost three years that his phone routine is differen't. He's so used to talkin to the guys and not for more than 3 minutes. I shouldn't stress it. I think things will change now that he knows how I feel.

In the meantime, relationships are about having fun and letting yourself fall in love. I guess I'm just picking apart faults because I am scared to fall for this one. I just don't want to end up being hurt. But I have faith in this relationship...even though it's early.

Thanks again everyone. Your advice definitely opened up my mind and helped out alot.