I think I'm addicted to orgasms.

pudding05

I've been masturbating now since I was about 11 and ever since then, I've been obsessed with it.

I use to be ashamed, but now I've become so comfortable with my sexuality that I know it's normal, even healthy.

Over the past few years though (I'm 21) I've started to masturbate 8-9 times a day (if I have the time!) If I have a day off work and my boyfriend isn't home, I can easily cum 5-6 times in a row. Sometimes I can't even get out of bed unless I've had at least two - it helps wake me up! I have a long term boyfriend and we're very happy and have sex regularly also - I'm just worried that I'm becoming obsessed.

I can't get enough of it.

Does anyone else experience this?

If masturbating isn't getting in the way of your relationship or your day-to-day life (are you late for work? putting off homework if you're in school? things like that), then I wouldn't worry about it too much. It's a nice way to wake up or perk your mood.

8-9 times a day sounds unbalanced to me.

Unless you're super rich & can afford to make the orgasm the centerpiece of your life, I would suggest practicing some moderation.

Habits can carve deep neural pathways in your brain's wiring. Orgasms are great, & it's good to allow yourself pleasure, but some rewards are not immediate, (like getting an education, or learning guitar), & require hat you postpone reward.

Try to keep this thing in perspective. I personally think there's more to life.

It doesn't affect my life in the sense that it's holding me back.

I used to feel dependant on it when I was a teenager (for example, if I'd had an argument with someone, I'd be desperate to have an orgasm just to feel better), but now I don't feel that way.

One of the main problems is when I'm alone and know I will be for hours, it is literally one after the other. Sometimes I wont even need anything to trigger me off, the urge just hits me - and then I find it difficult to do anything else! I do manage to get myself up and do what needs to be done (shopping, chores, etc) so it isn't affecting me in that sense, I was just worried that it's gotten worse as the years go on - so would it continue this way?

I just asked my boyfriend if it bothers him, he said it doesn't, but he can understand where you're coming from Waterfall. It would make sense about how impatient I can be... the moment I see something I want, I have to have it immediately and become immediately annoyed and irritated if it isn't guaranteed ASAP. (I'm also aware that this is largely part of me being spoilt! lol)

Recently we decided to get a car, and it took so long for the process of deciding what was best, managing money, picking a sensible car, that I fell out with my boyfriend on several occasions because there was no immediate result.

Perhaps putting off something I want will help me to be patient and less of a brat!

Archived