Rescheduling a date?

jerrysays

So I was going to go to a play with a girl and it's actually on Easter and how she said she said she may not be able to make it due to a family dinner

Well last night she sent me a message giving me her number so we could talk about it

I texted her today and it turns out we are not going. I had planned on picking her up at her house but she will be out of town and with all the driving I would be doing, I would end up doing about 4 hours worth of driving, picking her up, going to the play and dropping her back off. We just decided to forget it. I said we should plan on something else and I asked if she would be interested in going to a baseball game someday soon. She said she had never been to one but she would be interested. So thankfully we rescheduled

Now, from what I have always heard rescheduling is always a GREAT sign correct? Not only that but she also sent mer her number when she could have just messaged and said, "Sorry I can't go"

SO yea, I feel pretty good

this is gonna be a very short lived romance..you got all the ingredients.

no way in hell will i ever do 4 hours drive to be with a woman..neither would she

you dont propose dates after a flake,you got to give her time and space for her to do it out of her own

and you didnt reschedule,you asked for another date!

why guys are so rushy?no more game out there?

Well anytime a girl cancels thats never good. However; you should have never scheduled something on Easter Sunday. It just always seems anytime a girl cancels then the next date gets canceled, then before you know it you never see the girl again. Sometimes this can't be helped. Maybe you just met the girl, and its always important to move to the next romantic encounter quickly so that way feelings are not lost. Basically I would say do not get your hopes up. The next date may go off without a hitch, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

Well anytime a girl cancels thats never good. However; you should have never scheduled something on Easter Sunday. It just always seems anytime a girl cancels then the next date gets canceled, then before you know it you never see the girl again. Sometimes this can't be helped. Maybe you just met the girl, and its always important to move to the next romantic encounter quickly so that way feelings are not lost. Basically I would say do not get your hopes up. The next date may go off without a hitch, but don't be surprised if it doesn't.

i asked about the play in mid march. had no idea easter was april 8th. she told me on monday she wasnt sure if she could make it after all due to a family gathering. seems legit right?

no way in hell will i ever do 4 hours drive to be with a woman..neither would she

you dont propose dates after a flake,you got to give her time and space for her to do it out of her own

she doesnt live 4 hours away

It seems legit. I'm not saying its not. I'm saying that once that first cancellation occurs, even if its totally legit, its going to make it easier for her to cancel again. What is a bad sign is that you had to intiate rescheduling. All I'm saying is not to get your hopes up. Honestly this should be the attitude you take throughout the entire dating process. Nothing is a big deal, if it works cool, if not thats cool too.

She doesn't live 4 hours away. OP said the date in total would be 4 hours long (picking her up, going to the play and dropping her off). I would guess she lives about 30-45 mins away from him.

Hey I think since she gave you her phone number that she really did have family obligations on Easter. It is a good sign!

Just know that her family is important to her, and she may have been expected to go to the family gathering out of town (probably grandparents).

Take her up on the offer of rescheduling and maybe let her choose a day she can go? A baseball game may be fun, but make sure you get a chance to be with her somewhere for dinner or lunch beforehand or after so that you can have a chance to talk and get to know each other. Also, make double sure you pay attention to her and not just to the game! (Ha, I was a former football "widow"... and I always "lost" my husband during football season. He had extreme focus on the game at hand and completely ignored me and our family each game. He even taped games and watched them over and over and over in the middle of the night! And if they lost, he would grieve for days on end... So, if you are into baseball to that extent, then it may take great efforts to make sure you pay attention to your date.

But she may end up really liking you and also baseball!

Good luck! Find out other things she likes to do, and be sure to plan a second date with her with one of those things...

Archived