Cerebral Orgasm

Silverbirch

I've wanted to write about this for a while, but not sure where to start or what to post.

I first heard about this many years ago when I began working with people who have sustained severe spinal injury and supposedly have no sensation from their waists down. Apparently, some of these people have experienced what they claim to be completely mind-blowing orgasm which is experienced in their ?"brains" rather than their genitals. There is so much written about g-spots and clitoral and deep womb orgasms, but really nothing about this. I think I have experienced it a couple of times though I definitely wouldn't say it is something I have experienced on a regular basis - but I would like to.

One explanation for cerebral orgasm is that it is an a type of emotional experience people have had when they have felt deeply emotionally connected to their partner. I think this would have been the case when I have experienced it. You hear people talk about the "earth moving", but I know that on a couple of occasions when I think I experienced cerebral orgasm, I had this vision of the ocean and waves and felt like I was part of it. When I come to think about it,I think it was actually more than a emotional connection to a partner. It was sort of like feeling connected to life and really feeling like a part of it. It was a sensation of total wonder and awe. I've had a couple of different experiences which are sort of similar.

I know it might sound a bit too far out for a lot of people,but I wondered if anyone else has felt anything like this and how do you explain it. Thanks.

Well, aside from the subjective description, it's not that far out. I know my brain is fairly awash in hormonal backlash after orgasm, which from what I've read are released by the pituitary (the endocrine gland roughly in the center of your head, just below the brain). Orgasm itself feels a bit like an epileptic fit. The issue isn't so much that it's possible so much as figuring out how to trick your system into doing these things without sexual stimulation.

I've remembered something. On those occasions, during sex, I was focused on the kissing and breathing in the breath of my partner and going slow with my body. I know too that I need to be able to see my partners face during sex - lights on please. I suppose to not be thinking about what is happening with the genitals.

I've remembered something. On those occasions, during sex, I was focused on the kissing and breathing in the breath of my partner and going slow with my body. I know too that I need to be able to see my partners face during sex - lights on please. I suppose to not be thinking about what is happening with the genitals.

Sexy.....!

I've experienced this. Not even being touched, and being in no physical proximity to the person. So, unable to see their face.

All I can say is it was a feeling of supreme connection, attunement and being enveloped in the "feeling" of who they were. Feeling that they had entered me through non-physical means.

There were subtle physical sensations, but as intense as subtle (if that makes any sense). What my mind experienced was overpoweringly sublime, though. Nothing quite like it.

I've had this happen in dreams as well, so I know that my "cerebral" organ is my master erogenous zone, in spades.

I think what you're referring to what is commonly called "Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response". It's the tingly/eurphoric sensation that usually starts in the scalp and goes down the rest of the body. link removed

Thanks for the link which I accessed, but I'm not sure that describes what I experienced or not.

I've experienced this. Not even being touched, and being in no physical proximity to the person. So, unable to see their face.

All I can say is it was a feeling of supreme connection, attunement and being enveloped in the "feeling" of who they were. Feeling that they had entered me through non-physical means.

There were subtle physical sensations, but as intense as subtle (if that makes any sense). What my mind experienced was overpoweringly sublime, though. Nothing quite like it.

I've had this happen in dreams as well, so I know that my "cerebral" organ is my master erogenous zone, in spades.

Hi TOV, I think that whilst I had a feeling of "connection", in that instance, even though I was obviously with a partner, the feeling of connection was more of "being connected to the universe" than of being connected to the person although I have had the experience of being connected to another person through sex.

As crazy as this may sound, I clearly recall seeing the oceans edge and waves coming to the shore. As the waves came in and ended on the sand, it was as though "The realisation came to me that the waves were external representations of part of the energy of the universe. Even the wave supposedly ended, that energy didn't and that an almost infinite number of waves would continuously come in it's place. I knew I was also part of that energy, almost inexplicably connected as I and my energy are also part of the universe. My being as a human is merely an external representation of that energy." I felt happy and just filled with awe.

For a long time, I believed that the experience was related to being with that particular partner. I doubt that now. I would say though that I was at a good place in my life and within myself.

I've had other types of experiences not completely like this, but quite lovely and I hope I experience them again.

Nope, I was most definitely not asleep.

I read more about that book and the cases it outlines, and there is definitely a strong resemblance to one type of experience she writes about. The explanation is that for a lot of people, during sex, they slow their minds down by only focusing on their partner and the now, and by slower breathing and so open themselves up to transcendental experiences. She gives warnings that there have been some people who have had very unpleasant experiences. I didn't use any drugs and have not drunk alcohol for over 20 years.

Archived