had my first pap smear - adnormal cells

dazednconfuse

I think it's fairly common to have abnormal cells, and is often easily treated or doesn't require immediate treatment as can return to normal without treatment sometimes. I know of many women who've had abnormal cells and who went on to conceive without any difficulty. I guess the doctor will soon be explaining it all to you? Good luck with it.

hi,

i recently got a pap smear and the results came back showing that i have adnormal cells. i was just wondering if anyone knew if this could cause difficulty for me trying to concieve in the future?

this will depend on how far this has gone basically ...

the majority ..myself included have a level of abnormal cells that just needed watching every 6 months ...next step you may have a level that needs a scrape or have them "burnt" off then regular checks ...

some women unfortunately have let time go by and it has spread "up" if you like and may need surgery and this is where the having children will come into play.

I can assure you if your results where that scenario you would be in the hospital by now ..

your next step I presume is an appointment with the colcoscopy (sp) clinic to assess where you are with it and the treatment.

do not worry .... this is very very normal ..I didnt even have to have treatment ....but had a smear every 6 months .

good time to say this ...

LADIES ..PLEASE KEEP YOUR SMEARS UP TO DATE ...ALWAYS .

I've had abnormal cells and a LEAP a few years ago, and am due with my first child at the end of March. Up your vitamin A, C, betacarotine, or Red Mushroom...which while they won't say, can reverse things from a stage III for example to a one, where they won't do a LEAP. Did they do a biopsy yet?

And it's not that abnormal cells can cause infertility, it's having several LEAPS done that can ruin your cervix. Oooh...and quit smoking...totally worse thing for it.

Archived